With the DJI Action 2, the drone manufacturer competes against the GoPro Hero 10 Black. The action cam is very compact with a square footprint of just under 4 centimeters. A slightly deeper and also square module docks magnetically and connects to the camera via an 8-pin connector. In the dual-screen combo for 519 euros, the module contains a battery and a front display that mirrors the back of the camera; the power combo for 399 euros is missing the display. The battery holds 1300 mAh each.
The camera module is protected against dust and splash water, but not the additional module, because the microSD card slot and USB-C socket are exposed. In addition to the additional battery and the OLED display on the front, the display module has four microphones built in, which, given the size, deliver a somewhat dull, but acceptable sound.
Camera and battery power
The camera records a maximum of 4K video at up to 120 frames per second, optionally in the aspect ratios 16: 9 and 4: 3. The GoPro Hero 10 records 5K videos. After all: the high frame rate of the DJI camera enables 4.8 times slow motion with an output of 25 frames per second. The viewing angle of 155 degrees is an idea further than that of the GoPro Hero 10. In photo mode, the DJI Actioncam has a resolution of 12 megapixels.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & backgrounds: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then monthly from € 9.95
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +