Independence, women’s work and equality are no longer a taboo subject today. But, in 1998, when Sex and the City made it to the small screen, yes it was and, therefore, this series managed to go down in history as one of the first to make visible the way in which women could not express themselves with total freedom, both in a work and personal environment.
So much so that, even though 23 years have passed since the first episode of Sex and the City, this strip remains one of the most iconic when it comes to feminism. Beyond the fact that the series on female empowerment are already many and, most of them can be seen on digital platforms, none could reach the level of this adaptation of Candace Bushnell’s book.
Likewise, there are also the iconic phrases that marked the HBO strip. Therefore, in honor of the years that this fiction fulfilled, from Spoiler we remember the five best.
The 5 most iconic phrases of female empowerment from Sex and the City:
1. “I want to enjoy my success, not have to apologize for it.”
2. “The most exciting, challenging and meaningful relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves that version of you, that’s just fabulous. “
3. “I love you, but I love myself more.”
4. “Sexy is how I want to be seen after conquering them with my personality.”
5. “Maybe some women are not meant to be tamed, maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.”
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Guardians of the Galaxy 3