5-year-old boy evacuated from Kabul dies after eating poisonous mushrooms in Poland

Share your love

Ali, a 5-year-old Afghan boy who had been evacuated from Kabul along with his family, died in Poland after eat poisonous mushrooms that he collected in the vicinity of a refugee center located in the vicinity of the capital, Warsaw. His brother Mustafa, 6, remains hospitalized in serious condition.

The family arrived in Poland on August 23 and soon after they ate the mushrooms that they used to make a soup. When they began to feel unwell, they were transferred from the Podkowa Lesna town, near Warsaw, to a children’s health center in the country’s capital.

Health center authorities confirmed this Thursday, September 2, the death of Ali, who days ago had suffered brain death. At the time, doctors said he had suffered “irreversible brain damage.”

For his part, Mustafa was subjected to a Liver transplant and, although the surgery was successful, his condition is extremely serious. “The transplanted liver is working properly, but in the last 24 hours we have seen an increase in symptoms of severe damage to the central nervous system. The prognosis for survival in the child is unfavorable, “said Marek Migdal, director of the hospital.

For her part, her 17-year-old sister, also intoxicated with mushrooms, showed an improvement in her health and was discharged.

This is not the only case of Afghan evacuees poisoned with poisonous mushrooms in Poland, as a man was the victim of a similar incident at another refugee center near Warsaw.

* The Taliban movement, designated as a “terrorist organization” by the UN Security Council, is declared a terrorist group and prohibited in Russia.

Article Source

Read Also   Venice Film Festival: the red carpet kicks off and Lady Di's style will be present
Share your love