Wringing your brain to solve the most fun challenges will be one of the attractions of playing Big Brain Academy: Battle of wits, a new title for Nintendo Switch that will focus on multiplayer gameplay. Participants must face the rest of the opponents in a series of activities “that will challenge your intellectual capacity and your reflexes”, the Japanese explain in a press release. In addition, they have also announced the release date: December 3, 2021.
Dr. Azo, host and guide within the video game, will provide us with advice, as well as the option for each of the players to set their own level of difficulty. The idea is that people of all ages and skill levels can complete the challenges of acuity, memory, analysis, calculation and perception that the developers have designed.
Although Big Brain Academy: Battle of Wits is conceived as a multiplayer product, the game will also offer options for the solo player thanks to Individual mode. These are daily exercises that will help us “tune and improve” our brain vigor score.
Below you can see the official trailer:
These are the game modes
- Fiesta: Up to four players will have to get the most points by completing the activities as quickly as possible. Adjusting the difficulty from the easiest (Infantile) to the most difficult (Super Elite), the activities will change, and the most difficult will be a challenge! Additionally, each player can set their own difficulty level to balance the abilities of all players, so children can even compete against their parents without fear of one of them being left behind.
- Review: Don’t worry if you don’t emerge victorious from an intense brain battle because in Practice mode, players can repeat their favorite activities to get higher scores and even badges. This is a great way to improve your skills, so the next time you compete with your friends or family in a multiplayer game, you have a better chance of coming out with the strongest brain of all.
- Exam: In this mode, players are tested in a series of five activities so that Dr. Azo can give you your final score for brain vigor. Try to get the highest score and increase your chances for the next battle of wits battle. Regular trials will earn you in-game coins that you can use to unlock costumes for your avatar. Testing your brain is always more fun when you are dressed as an adorable kitten!
- Ghostly battle: Challenge your family records, or go online to fight the ghosts of your friends or random players from around the world in this mode. Improve your ranking to show your skills to people around the world.
- Big Brain Academy: Battle of Wits launches December 3 on Nintendo Switch. A fun new multiplayer game that anyone can play. It will consist of different activities in five categories Sharpness, Memory, Analysis, Calculation and Perception. These activities can be played alone, with up to three local players, or even against brains from around the world.
Source | Nintendo (press release)