Call of Duty: Vanguard will have exclusive functions in PlayStation 5. Sony already warned that the new from Sledgehammer Games and Activison would have unique functions in the new Sony console; but it has not been until now when we have known what these characteristics will really consist of, which they define as “tactile experience”.
It may interest you:
- Call of Duty Vanguard: Release Date, Price, and Trailers
- Call of Duty: Vanguard, we’ve already seen it. This is the return to World War II
- Call of Duty Vanguard Zombies mode: date, time and new teaser
This will be the tactile experience of Call of Duty: Vanguard on PS5
Call of Duty: Vanguard’s World War II on PS5 will revolve around the console’s DualSense controller. From Sledghehammer Games they have presented, in the hands of Chris Fowler, Principal Engineer of the North American studio, how they have programmed the performance of the remote from Sony to increase the feeling of immersion and make the experience more sensitive to the touch depending on the weapon we use. It should be said that these functions will be directed mainly to the campaign mode.
“The haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers of the DualSense remote control, they offer us the opportunity to make that experience a reality in a way that no console from previous generations has been able to do ”, he explains, before specifying each function. These are the functions that players of the title will be able to take advantage of starting this November 5, only on PS5.
- Different forces when pulling the trigger: they will have four stages, the ‘take-up‘(distance that the trigger travels once we press it); the ‘break‘(point where it trips once the correct amount of pressure is applied); ‘over-travel‘(the distance the trigger travels from the break point); and ends with ‘trigger reset‘(stops automatic firing and restores said break).
- Each weapon will have its own degree of feedback “To create a more accurate impression of the trigger weight of each one.”
- Feedback applied when aiming– Aiming speed and L2 trigger weight change depending on the weapon you are holding.
- Sensations of the environment through touch: Explosions, crossing areas and other sensations of combat will be perceived both by sight and by touch.
Call of Duty: Vanguard It is scheduled to premiere in stores around the world on November 5 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC; in physical and digital format in their console versions.
Source | PlayStation Blog