Davos World Economic Forum 2023: Cooperation in a Fragmented World
The annual Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) is set to take place from January 16 to 20, 2023, in Davos, Switzerland. This year’s theme is “Cooperation in a fragmented world,” highlighting the need for global cooperation to address the most pressing issues facing the world.
Who Attends the Davos Forum 2023?
The event will bring together some 2,500 heads of state and government, CEOs of companies, representatives of civil society, global media, and youth leaders from different regions. Participation in the Annual Meeting is by invitation to various communities.
Attendees include CEOs and presidents of the WEF’s 1,000 member companies, figures from G7 and G20 countries, and heads of international organizations. Leaders of civil society organizations, trade unions, media, leading thinkers, academics, and members of the Community of Global Innovators and Technology Pioneers, Global Shapers, Young Global Leaders, and Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship will also be in attendance.
Topics Addressed at the Davos Forum 2023
The official program includes discussions on the following topics:
- The Current Energy and Food Crises in the context of a New Energy, Climate and Nature System
- The current economy of High inflation, low growth, and high debt in the context of a new investment, trade, and infrastructure system
- Current industry hurdles in the context of a new system to harness cutting-edge technologies for private sector innovation and resilience
- Social vulnerabilities in the context of a new system of work, skills and care
- Current geopolitical risks in the context of a new system of dialogue and cooperation in a multipolar world
For more information, please refer to the complete program available on the Forum’s official web portal.
The Davos World Economic Forum 2023 provides an opportunity for leaders, innovators, and thinkers to promote forward-thinking solutions and address the most pressing global challenges through public-private cooperation. By bringing diverse perspectives and expertise to the forum, participants can work together towards a more sustainable and equitable world.