We present the best solutions for digital signatures that do not require special hardware and commercial certificates from business partners. We only tested candidates who meet the requirements of the GDPR: Adobe sign, d.velop sign, FP-Sign, Scrive, Signius Professional and Harmony as well as Skribble. With these services and portals, documents for a legally binding online signature can be submitted for any signatory and digitally processed.
We have excluded the inSign service from IS AG, which uses a special process for advanced signatures with biometric writing without certificates. This approach has so many peculiarities that we cannot go into them separately here.
A digital signature is supposed to demonstrably protect the signed document from unnoticed changes. In the correct variant, it also ensures that a signed contract, for example, is recognized as such. Compared to conventional signatures, electronic approvals have three advantages:
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & backgrounds: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then monthly from € 9.95
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +