Eevee is an icon of the universe Pokémon. Introduced in the first generation, back in Kanto, we are facing a species with special genetics capable of evolving into one creature or another depending on the conditions and the evolutionary object to which we submit it. The methods to evolve Eevee in Pokémon GO they are different from the ones we are used to, so let’s see below the method to get Sylveon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon o Leafeon.
How to capture Eevee in Pokémon GO?
The first thing we have to say about Pokémon #133 of the National Pokédex is that it is an original species of Kanto, Generation I. It was there that its first three evolutions of Electric, Water and Fire type were introduced (Jolteon, Vaporeon Y Flareon) to, in Generation II, introduce its Psychic and Sinister type variants (Espeon Y Umbreon). Hence, a jump to Generation IV with the Grass and Ice type options (Leafeon Y Glaceon) to finally welcome the last member of the family, Fairy-type (Sylveon), in Generation VI. Its capture ratio is 40% under normal conditions. The eight evolutions are now available in Pokémon GO.
To capture Eevee in the wild we have two options: or find it in the wild or through the hatching of a 5 km egg (it can be shiny).
En Pokémon GO, Eevee keep type Normal, so it is weak to Fighting type and resistant to Ghost type. To evolve they are always necessary 25 candies; regardless of the conditions. We believe it is necessary to emphasize this because the candies are mandatory to start the process of evolution. His base stats are 104 ATK, 114 DEF, and 146 Stamina, quite modest characteristics and not worth maintaining. Therefore, evolving to this species is highly recommended if we want to use it in the GO Fighting League or in a Raid.
List of nicknames to choose Eevee in Pokémon GO
One of the methods to evolve your Eevee in any of the seven eeveelution currently available in Pokémon GO (only Sylveon, Generation VI, Kalos is missing) is by changing the nickname; but it only works for the first time and they are necessary 25 candies. After the first change, when you capture new Eevee, this one will not work for us. trick.
- Leafeon: Linnea
- Espeon: Sakura
- Vaporeon: Rainer
- Jolteon: Sparky
- Flareon: Pyro
- Umbreon: Tamao
- Glaceon: Rea
- Sylveon: Kira
Evolution methods for Eevee in Pokémon GO: stones and bait modules
Once the trick no longer works for us, we will have to resort to the conventional method: subjecting Eevee to the exposure of a evolutionary stone O bait modules. Depending on the desired evolution, getting any of the evolutions in Pokémon GO strictly depends on the stone we use and the context in which we do it. Let’s take a look at each case individually so you can understand it at a glance.
How to evolve Espeon or Umbreon
- Espeon O Umbreon: to get one of the members of this couple is quite simple and takes exercise with it. First thing: we chose Eevee as a partner and walked 10 km with him. Now —and ensuring that we have at least 25 candies—, we must choose whether to evolve it from day o de night. If we choose by day, the result will be Espeon; if we do it at night, the resulting evolution will be Umbreon.
How to evolve Leafeon or Glaceon
- Leafeon O Glaceon: to obtain the new generation variants we have to opt for the bait modules. In this case, it is not necessary to walk or use Eevee as a companion, but to make sure we have a Mossy Bait Module (200 Pokécoins in the Shop or reward in research missions) to get Leafeon; or a Glacier Bait Module (200 Pokécoins in the Shop or reward in research missions) to get Glaceon.
How to evolve Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon
- Vaporeon, Jolteon Y Flareon: in these three cases there is no possibility of choosing beyond the trick that we can apply only once per account: it is random. When we subject Eevee without having walked 10 km to an evolution with 25 candies, the result will be completely random.
How to evolve Sylveon
- The debut of Sylveon In Pokémon GO it has been produced on May 25, 2021 and it does so with two methods. Regardless of the nickname (Kira), in this case Niantic has chosen the method of friendship to forge a relationship that translates into Eevee’s Fairy-like evolution: Buddy’s hearts. Will be winning 70 hearts when Eevee is our partner when Sylveon evolves. No additional candies are necessary.
Which evolution of Eevee is the best for Pokémon GO?
One of the most frequently asked questions is which Eevee evolution is the best for Pokémon GO. The answer is not easy, because it depends on what we want it for (defending gyms, as an attacker, as a defender, for a specific PvP league … Let’s first know the base statistics of each one of them.
- Flareon: Max PC – 3,424; Attack – 246; Defense – 179; Stamina – 163
- Vaporeon: Max PC – 3,521; Attack – 205; Defense – 161; Stamina – 277
- Jolteon: Max PC – 3,265; Attack – 232; Defense – 182; Stamina – 163
- Espeon: Max PC – 3,583; Attack – 261; Defense – 175; Stamina – 163
- Umbreon: Max PC – 2,416; Attack – 126; Defense – 240; Stamina – 216
- Leafeon: Max PC – 3,328; Attack – 216; Defense – 219; Stamina – 163
- Glaceon: Max PC – 3,535; Attack – 238; Defense – 205; Stamina – 163
- Sylveon: Max PC – 3,470; Attack – 203; Defense – 205; Stamina – 216
It is the Pokémon with the highest number of CP and with the highest Attack, which makes it one of the most interesting evolutions for this type of offensive task. With movements like Confusion and Premonition it is ideal for the competitive one. At a competitive level it is not usually used in the Super Ball League or in the Ultra Ball.
One of the best for PvP in the Super Ball League. We highly recommend it if you are going to participate in the GO Fighting League up to 1500 CP because Umbreon has extraordinary defense. Moves like Dark Pulse on the Charge or Last Trick (EliteTM) give him a lot of versatility with his Dark type.
A Pokémon with a large amount of CP, which makes it easier for us to use it to defend gyms, and an extraordinary resistance. It is the evolution of Eevee with greater resistance, but its very discreet attack prevents us from recommending it for PvP. His most prominent movements are Hidrobomba and Ultima Trick; the first of them essential for having 47.3 DPS.
Little to note about Jolteon, the evolution of the Electric type. With moves like Thunder it can give us great joy, but otherwise it is not one of the most prominent. Neither in the Super Ball League nor in the Ultra Ball has room for having many weaknesses, so it is better to choose other options.
Good attack and a lot of CP, especially interesting if we use it with lethal movements like Flare or Suffocate. One of the most interesting options in offensive tasks for gym fights or raids, but we have to be careful with its weaknesses: x4 to Earth, Rock and Water. In PvP it is not among the most used neither in the Super Ball League nor in the Ultra Ball.
The Ice-type option has no less than four x4 weaknesses: Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel. Despite having a large number of PCs, he can’t stand the guy in the Ultra Ball League or Super Ball. In addition, of all the movements he can learn, he can only stand out with Ice beam and Avalanche. We do not recommend its use in competitive or in raids.
We finish with Leafeon, Grass type and with a total of five weaknesses x4: Fire, Flying, Poison, Bug and Ice. This aspect is not trivial, in addition it does not have any outstanding characteristics at a competitive level. Of course, his Solar Ray movement is spectacularly strong, but his discreet defense can lead to an early loss as well.
As it is a Fairy-type species, its use is very suitable for Dragon-type Pokémon. In clashes in the GO Fighting League or in PVP, thanks to its base statistics it is presented as a versatile alternative in any field, but it is not the most recommended for the competitive one. It is weak to Poison and Steel. We recommend using it with Charm and Magic Shine. With good IV it is recommended for the Super Ball League.
Can the Eevee nickname trick fail?
Choosing the evolution of Eevee in Pokémon GO through the nickname change is an alternative or trick that only works once for each eeveelution. That is, one for each of the seven members available to date in the game (in the absence of knowing when Sylveon will arrive in the future). If you have an Eevee and rename it Sakura, it will evolve into Espeon, but only once. In case you try again it will not work with that nickname.
This trick may not work with Umbreon Y Espeon if there has been a problem monitoring your steps. The requirement for these two evolutions is to accumulate 10 km walked during the day (Espeon) or during the night (Umbreon). If the evolution does not take place, it is because the distance has not been well counted or there has been some derived problem. Therefore, keep walking and make sure that the game is day or night, even if it is adjusted to the real time.