The plastic table and chairs are very recurring elements in the gardens and patios of homes. They are cheap, light, and easy to move from one place to another. However, with frequent use and exposure to outdoor elements, they tend to end up stained and dirty.
But don’t worry, today in Mag we are going to show you some homemade tricks to clean them and leave them as good as new.
The Cleaning Method
Sometimes, it is enough to wipe them with a cloth or pour water to clean them. But many times they end up with such ugly spots that one immediately thinks of buying a new one. The truth is that there is a trick that allows us to make it look like new again and continue using it without having to replace it.
The best thing is that we are talking about a very easy hack, for which you will only need a few homemade materials that you probably already have at home. Of course, first of all, it is very important that you make sure to remove all the dust and dirt that may be on the chair with a dry cloth.
Once you have removed the dust and dirt, you can start with this helpful cleaning method:
- In a container, mix a cup of white vinegar, a tablespoon of toothpaste and a little baking soda until a semi-liquid paste is formed. If you see that it does not acquire consistency, add a little more baking soda.
- With the help of a sponge or brush, spread the solution on the surface of the chair, especially where there are stains.
- Leave the chair in the sun for an hour, with the cleaning solution already spread on its surface.
- Take a clean sponge or brush and rub the surface of the chair until it is clean and shining.
- Use a cloth dampened with water to rinse the entire surface of the chair, re-wetting it if you see that it dries until you have completed the process on the entire chair. And voila, you will have a chair like new.
The Right Paint for Plastic Chairs
The best option for painting plastic is waterproof acrylic. In this context, the application of this type of paint is very easy and simple. In addition, it is worth noting the high resistance of acrylic enamel, thus making it a highly recommended option.
The Versatility of Baking Soda
Baking soda is especially good for cleaning plastic because it absorbs any strange odors that the plastic may have absorbed. Rinse the plastic object under hot water to remove all of the food, and then sprinkle baking soda with a little water to form a paste. Rub the paste with a sponge or scouring pad.
Did you find these homemade tricks interesting? Now you know how to clean and care for your home without investing a lot of money. We invite you to explore our website and discover more useful and practical hacks to enhance the beauty and functionality of your home!