Preventing Dirt from Permeating Our Home
Preventing dirt from permeating our home is almost as important as cleaning. Given this, the question arises, is it possible to leave the cloth chairs clean? The material of these supports can accumulate severe stains and discolorations that become difficult to remove, but for a homemade ingredient this would be easy.
The Challenge of Dirty Fabric Chairs
If you eat in a hurry or have visitors in the dining room often, then you can see your dirty fabric chairs on more than one occasion. Grease, food and sweat stains do not distinguish fabrics, whether they are linen, velvet, corduroy, chenille or microfiber. It is necessary to keep your chairs impeccable and leave them presentable for any guest.
The Magic Ingredient: Baking Soda
What homemade product takes care of this work? The effectiveness of baking soda is perfect for this task: this powder will take care of bad odors and surface stains.
Cleaning Fabric Chairs
Here’s how to clean your fabric chairs:
- Pour baking soda on the stain: Apply a small amount of baking soda to cover the affected area of the chair. The baking soda will absorb odors and loosen stubborn stains.
- Leave on for 15 minutes: Let the baking soda sit for 15 minutes. After this time, it will be easy to remove the impregnated dirt from the fabric.
- Have a damp cloth with white vinegar: Rub the cloth on the stain in circular motions until the size and color of the stain diminish. If the stains persist, add a little white vinegar to the cloth and continue rubbing gently. Be careful not to damage the fabric.
- Rinse: Once the scrubbing is done, rinse the affected area with a damp cloth to eliminate the remains of food and baking soda.
- Dry the cleaning area: Let the cleaning area dry for a few minutes in the open air. Avoid having your fabric chairs in the sun for more than 30 minutes to prevent discoloration.
Additionally, try to use covers that protect your chairs and armchairs. This will help prevent stains and accidental spills. These materials are easy to wash and will not be spoiled by water.