Bandai Namco has included more information about each version of Elden Ring on the official game portal. The company, in the section on questions and answers, offers a more technical look at what we can expect from the long-awaited FromSoftware video game, planned for February 25 on PlayStation, Xbox and PC consoles. The ray tracing available via patch on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC; although they have not given a date.
It may interest you:
- Elden Ring Reveals Its Collector’s Editions; life size helmet, figure, price and more
- Elden Ring reveals classes available in private beta
- Do you want to play Elden Ring? You can now sign up for its private beta
Two graphic modes on PS5 and Xbox Series X; Elden Ring prepares for the next-gen
The confirmation that the Elden Ring will work in 4K resolution on next-gen consoles is something that should come as no surprise; the peculiarity is that the title of Hidetaka Miyazaki, as we have seen in previous cases, will have two graphic modalities in PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The first will be a Performance mode to adjust the resolution up to 60 FPS. Presumably a dynamic resolution that will range from Full HD to Ultra HD depending on the stress of the sequence. On the other hand, a Resolution mode which will guarantee the 3840 x 2160p (4K), in exchange for a constant playability at 30 FPS.
The players of Xbox Series S, Microsoft’s only digital console with less power, price and without 4K playback, will also allow you to choose between Performance Mode and Resolution Mode, but here the maximum resolution will be 2560x1440p. All consoles will have support HDR. Finally, in PC Elden Ring will be playable in 4K resolution with up to 60 FPS; a ceiling of frames per second that, in previous cases like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, was eliminated over the days by means of mods.
Finally, something that will satisfy users with PS4 and Xbox One: it will be possible to transfer the saved data to PS5 and Xbox Series X | S; In addition, the model will be present on Microsoft machines Smart Delivery.
This is the technical configuration of Elden Ring:
- PS4: resolution up to 1920 x 1080p at 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- PS4 Pro: 3200 x 1800p resolution (with checkerboard) up to 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- Xbox One: resolution up to 1600 x 900 at 30 FPS.
- Xbox One X: resolution up to 3840 x 2160p at 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- PS5: resolution up to 3840 x 2160p with up to 60 FPS. Compatible with HDR and Ray-Tracing (patch).
- Xbox Series X: resolution up to 3840 x 2160p with up to 60 FPS. Compatible with HDR and Ray-Tracing (patch).
- Xbox Series S: resolution up to 2560 x 1440p with up to 60 FPS. HDR compatible.
Elden Ring It goes on sale next February 25 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PC.
Source | Bandai Namco