Using Google Maps with One Hand
Google Maps has become one of the most used applications today, as it offers a simple way to find different routes and paths, thanks to its easy-to-understand interface. However, using these tools while walking with only one hand can be challenging. Fortunately, through preset gestures, it is possible to use the app with one hand.
Here are some of the quick gestures you can perform:
- Double tap and swipe with one finger: Zoom in on a specific part of the Google Maps map. If you double-tap the screen with just one finger, you can enlarge the map in general to see a larger area.
- Touch on the map with two fingers: Zoom out the map.
- Slide the screen with two fingers: Change the inclination of the Google Maps map.
- Make a gesture with two fingers on the screen: Rotate the map of the application.
By using these quick gestures, you can optimize your time and use the application more effectively if you find yourself having to use just one hand.
Listening to Music on Google Maps on Android
If you’re driving and need to navigate to an unfamiliar destination, you may want to listen to music along the way. Here’s how you can listen to music on Google Maps on your Android phone:
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone.
- Access the app settings, located at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Navigation settings.
- Among the alternatives, you will find the option ‘Show multimedia playback controls’.