The patch 17.40 of Fortnite arrived at the game on Tuesday, August 17, 2021 and brought with it numerous changes Y novelties. Next we tell you what are the most important improvements of this new content update from Season 7 of the Battle Pass of Fortnite Chapter 2, like the arrival of Wonder Woman:
Fortnite: 17.40 patch notes
For some time, Epic Games has not published patch notes as such; instead, we have to access your Trello, where they publish what problems they know are in the game currently, and which of them will be corrected with each patch:
Changes and fixes in Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode
- Some items that occupy two slots in inventory, such as the Splash Cannon, are moved to the wrong slot slot based on how we have our preferred item slots set up. Epic Games is investigating these issues.
- A bug causes Cosmic Chests to be unable to be opened if a player leaves the game. It has been fixed.
- The service of disguising ourselves as an object for some characters / NPCs has been temporarily disabled due to an unforeseen error. It is expected to be re-enabled with this patch.
- An unforeseen bug causes some players to be unable to advance in the Free Guy quest line. It is expected to be fixed in this patch.
Changes and fixes in Fortnite Creative mode
- A bug causes players to be kicked out of vehicles when they enter shallow water with them. It is being investigated.
- Adding the Skydome device to the shortcut causes the island to visually reset. This bug is under investigation.
- Matchmaking portals take longer than expected to update. Epic Games is working on this.
- Creative Island thumbnails can be reset to the thumbnail’s original resolution. This bug is expected to be fixed in this patch.
- There is a latency issue on XL-size creative islands. Epic is looking into it.
- The Barrier device has a number of problems. It is being investigated.
Changes and fixes in Fortnite’s Save the World mode
- An incorrect event ticket is displayed in the mission “Beyond Stellar Horizons”. This is expected to be fixed in this patch.
- Some items do not count toward the “look for anything” target in resupply missions. It is being investigated.
- The ability that allows us to heal our structures does not heal the amount it should. It is being investigated.
New cosmetic items added with Fortnite patch 17.40
Fortnite patch 17.40 has brought with it new cosmetic objects in form of skins, backpacks, peaks, down the delta, and much more:
New Weapons and Items Added with Fortnite Patch 17.40
Fortnite patch 17.40 has added new weapons to the game, like the new exotic weapon Burst Pulse Rifle:
Scenario changes with Fortnite patch 17.40
The Fortnite Battle Royale map has changed after patch 17.40. The island stays like this:
New missions added with Fortnite patch 17.40
Fortnite patch 17.40 has brought with it the missions of the Week 11 and the Week 12:
Sources: Official Fortnite Trello, Fortnite Battle Royale, own elaboration