One of the main novelties of the patch 17.40 of Fortnite Battle Royale, which arrived on Tuesday, August 17, 2021, was the game mode Impostores. It is a hidden role mode reminiscent of recent successes such as Among Us. In this news we tell you how is this new mode of the Season 7 of the Battle Pass of Fortnite Chapter 2:
Fortnite: this is the new game mode Imposters
Imposters is a new Fortnite Battle Royale game mode for up to ten players: eight of them embody the roles of IO Agents, that they must defend the bridge at all costs and complete tasks for that purpose; the two remaining players are Impostores that they work for aliens who have invaded the island. The objective of the latter is sabotage OI facilities and eliminate Agents.
As in other titles of this genre such as Among Us, both sides have their own victory conditions:
- IO Agents must complete tasks such as calibrating chests and flames, repairing the battle bus, or submitting storm reports to win the game.
- Another victory condition is to vote correctly who the Imposters are. For this, we must deduct it based on your actions.
- Emergency meetings can be called to vote who is Imposter.
- Imposters must eliminate enough Agents to take control of the Bridge to win.
- Several of the Tricks that Imposters can use to hinder Agents’ investigation they are deactivating tasks, teleporting Agents, or Banana Party; the latter makes all players look like Banana, to confuse everyone and evade suspicious Agents.
- Imposters can also complete tasks to go unnoticed, but each completed task brings Agents closer to victory.
When it comes to communicating and discussing who is an Imposter, a new quick chat menu has been added, in addition to the possibility of communicating through gestures. What’s more, we can play this game mode both with people from all over the world and in private games just with friends.
Source: Epic Games