Finally, after a long wait, the time has come. We will be able to visit the third great city of Genshin Impact, Inazuma, starting next 21 July thanks to the version 2.0 presented in detail by miHoYo. Here we collect everything we know so far to explore the news that will land in the title: new characters, missions of the main story, areas to explore, enemies, game modes and much more. In addition, along with the update will also come the long-awaited function of synchronized storage among all platforms the game is available on.
Genshin Impact version 2.0 date and platforms
- Date: next Wednesday, July 21.
- Platforms: PlayStation 5, PS4, PC, Android e iOS.
The city of Inazuma and the Electro Archon
The region of Inazuma, which we can see in the trailer that leads this piece, is located on the other side of the sea. There arose “totally different cultures, creatures and mysteries under the rule of Archon Electro”, Whom we can also glimpse in the video published by miHoYo. It is the third of seven regions in total, so Teyvat still has a lot to show us in his vast and magical world.
Unlike Mondstadt and Liyue, Inazuma is completely surrounded by the ocean, something with which we already have practice thanks to the recent summer update, in which we have been able to visit an archipelago full of challenges and surprises. Inazuma is composed of six major island areas, often accompanied by a strong sea breeze and storms. It is a region strongly influenced by the Electro element, since its corresponding Archon is that of lightning. Said Archon Electro will be inclined towards the search for eternity, a mission that will end up crossing our path.
Kamisato, Yomiya and Sayu: new playable characters
- Kamisato Ayaka– The daughter of the Kamisato clan of the Yashiro Commission, who is often described as decorous, elegant, wise and strong by the locals. She is known to many fans and players since the closed betas and will now be added as Five-star Cryo character, wielding a light sword.
- Yoimiya: the arquera Pyro who will join this version as the other five star character. Known as the “Queen of the Summer Festival”, Yoimiya stands out for her art in creating fireworks that symbolize people’s hopes and dreams.
- Sayu, the new four-star character, is a ninja with vision Anemo. She is able to wield a gigantic mandible much bigger than her.
New enemies, rewards, and more
On the other hand, version 2.0 of the game will also incorporate new bosses and rewards, as a new member of the Hypostasis and Eternal Machinery (which seems to have traits in common with the Ruin Guardians seen in Mondstadt and Liyue). After debuting in version 1.6, the Oni Espadachines will reappear as final bosses in the open world to be able to get character improvement materials by beating them.
Version 2.0 also brings new features and functions that enhance the gamers’ experience, including the long-awaited Synchronized Storage feature between PlayStation, PC, and mobile devices. At the same time, improved character shading and tactile feedback functions have been incorporated into the controllers. DualSense, among other optimizations, to provide better overall visual and touch experiences.
Source: miHoYo press release