Year 2021 is coming to an end And it’s time to take stock: we don’t just look at the most awarded works or the biggest sales successes; also in the games that have had the most prominence on social networks and the main streaming platforms. Twitch It is one of the most popular, and we already know which title has been the king. Nothing more and nothing less than the fireproof GTA 5, which has been able to reach the top of the ranking with a whopping 2.1 billion viewing hours.
That GTA 5 stars in a permanent mass phenomenon is no surprise. The raid of GTA Online has provided it with a virtually infinite business cycle and the game has been among the best sellers each year since its release. Here is the complete classification of the most watched games on Twitch during the year 2021.
- GTA 5 | 2.1 billion viewing hours
- League of Legends | 1.8 billion viewing hours
- Fortnite | 1 billion viewing hours
- Valorant | 949 million viewing hours
- Minecraft | 880 million viewing hours
- Call of Duty: Warzone | 858 million hours of viewing
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive | 757 million hours of viewing
- Apex Legends | 691 million hours of viewing
- DOTA 2 | 578 million hours of viewing
What about GTA 6?
The next installment of the saga is anyone’s guess, although we already know that it is registered by Take-Two Interactive. The game has not been officially announced, although there are many voices that have spoken about it. The last one was that of Jamie King, co-founder of Rockstar, who dared to predict about the tone that the game will have, betting on something “less daring”.
GTA 5, originally released in 2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360, is found available currently on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One. In addition, we remind you that The Contract has arrived this month, the last major update of GTA Online, which takes us back to Los Santos and is full of cameos of characters and singers.
Source | Steam Elements