Ron Perlman has opened up about being replaced in the unfortunate reboot of ‘Hellboy‘last year, insisting that he would still love to return as the main character.
The actor only had good words to say about David Harbour, who took on the role, and told The Truth News that “he is a very good guy and a very good actor” and that, when it comes to the film, “I expected the best for him.”
Unfortunately, that didn’t happen as Neil Marshall’s version of Hellboy was roundly criticized by critics, while audiences also stayed away; raised a worldwide total of 40 million Euros ($ 55 million) from a budget of 37 million Euros ($ 50 million).
The same cannot be said for Perlman’s Hellboy incarnation, as his two films with the writer-director Guillermo Del Toro placeholder image they received rave reviews, paid back more money, and became cult classics.
The adulation for Perlman’s work as Hellboy means that there are still a large number of movie fans who want to see his return as the character, and that includes Perlman.
“I did make it clear that if there was a possibility of ending the trilogy with Guillermo, as we had done the first two films and in view of what he had in mind in terms of closing all circles, that is something that. I would consider doing it, ”said the actor.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED: ” Hellboy ‘became the great disappointment of 2019
There is still the possibility of it happening. Especially since, since Hellboy II: The Golden Army hit theaters in 2008, Del Toro won an Academy Award for 2017’s The Shape Of Water. The fact that Perlman is now 70 could be a sticking point.
Do you know how much the minimum wage is in Mexico? The increase will apply from January 1, 2021. Follow us on Google News and stay informed.
Article Source: https://laverdadnoticias.com/seccion/entretenimiento/