Kate Middleton decided to isolate herself on Monday after being in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19. The 39-year-old Duchess of Cambridge agreed to first dose of coronavirus vaccine in May and possibly the second in June. On the other hand, although his last two tests were negative last week, he preferred to take shelter in Kensington Palace in London.
Kate received a personal alert on Friday July 2 that led her to leave the All England Club at Wimbledon, missing the match involving her friend Andy Murray. The UK Times reported that His Royal Highness was alerted after taking his seat next to the Duke of Kent and in front of Body Coach Joe Wicks. He immediately left after being told he had reached out to someone who tested positive for coronavirus.
The wife of prince William she was seen looking serious when she was led out of the gates of Wimbledon in the direction of Kensington Palace, where she is isolated and cannot go out even for food or medicine. Reports state that you are not allowed to receive visitors in your home, including family or friends, and you will have even been told to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible.
The Duchess is said to be tested twice a week with lateral flow tests as part of the Royal Household testing regimen. “Last week, the Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with someone who subsequently tested positive for COVID-19,” said her spokesperson. “His Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms, but he follows all relevant government guidelines and will self-isolate himself at home.”
In view of her isolation, Kate was unable to accompany the Duke of Cambridge, also 39, to the NHS 73rd anniversary celebration on Monday. The couple were scheduled to attend a thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral yesterday morning before offering afternoon tea at Buckingham Palace. However, the Duke of Cambridge had to attend the ceremonies alone.