With the arrival of update 2.0 of Genshin Impact multiple novelties land to the title of miHoYo as the Inazuma region, new characters, game modes and else. Beyond the content itself, a feature that has been highly demanded by players and has finally been heard is cross-platform saving. Below we will tell you all about it, since there may be some confusion in the activation process of this cross-save.
How does cross-save work in Genshin Impact?
The cross-save feature between accounts allows us to link accounts from two different platforms (our PSN account and myHoYo account) and share progress as well as in-game data between the two accounts. Once our PSN account is linked to a valid email address, we will be able to log into iOS / Android / PC using our myHoYo account, or PlayStation using the PSN account linked to the email address associated with our myHoYo account and resume game progress.
How to sync your PSN account with myHoYo Pass?
We must link our PSN account to email address, and then both accounts can share the same game progress. To do this, depending on the platforms on which we have the game and the active account, there are two ways:
Case 1: “I have game progress on iOS / Android / PC and I would like to link my email address, which is associated with my myHoYo account, to my PSN account. My PSN account has never been used to log into Genshin Impact ”. Binding procedure:
- On our PlayStation, using the PSN account that had never logged into Genshin Impact before, we opened the game for the first time.
- We follow the steps in the pop-up window to link the email address associated with our miHoYo account.
- This will link both accounts, without further ado.
Case 2: “I have game progress on my PlayStation and I would like to link my PSN account to an email address that is not associated with a myHoYo account.” Binding procedure:
- We logged into Genshin Impact on our PlayStation.
- We go to Settings> Account> User Center> Link Account and link our account for PSN that is logged into Genshin Impact to an email address that is not associated with a myHoYo account.
- After linking, your game progress will be shared when we log into an account to play on the same server on iOS / Android / PC / PlayStation.
Terms– For the PSN account and email address to be linked, the PSN account must not have been used to log into Genshin Impact or the email address must not yet have been used to register a myHoYo account.
The following cases are not eligible for account linking– Our PSN account has already been used to log into Genshin Impact and we wish to link it to an email address that is already associated with a miHoYo account. In this case, it will not be possible to link the account. The reason for this is that your PSN account automatically registers a myHoYo account after logging into Genshin Impact. Therefore, it cannot be linked to an email address that is already associated with a different miHoYo account.