Samsung, Motorola, Xiaomi, etc.: The Most Popular Phone Manufacturers
Samsung, Motorola, Xiaomi, and other brands are widely recognized as the most popular phone manufacturers in the world. They are renowned for offering high-quality and affordable mobile devices that run on the Android operating system. These phones come with various features, including the ability to schedule automatic power on and off or open favorite applications with simple touch-screen gestures. However, in this article, we will focus on how to activate the “one-hand mode” on your Android smartphone.
What is One-Hand Mode?
The one-hand mode allows you to reduce the size of your smartphone screen so that it becomes more manageable for single-handed use. This is particularly useful as many modern smartphones come with larger screens, some even bigger than 5 inches, like the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Operating such devices with only one hand can be challenging, so the one-hand mode comes to the rescue.
How to Enable One-Hand Mode on Your Android Smartphone
Activating the one-hand mode is a simple process, and you won’t need to download any third-party applications since it is a native function in Android 12 or higher versions. Here are the steps to enable it on your device:
- Go to the “Settings” of your Android cell phone. You can find this option with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Click on the section that says “Advanced functions”.
- Activate the switch called “One-handed operation mode”. Make sure it remains activated.
- You will see two methods to activate the one-hand mode: “Gesture” and “Button”. Choose the one that suits you best.
- Exit the settings and return to the main screen of your device.
- Perform the designated gesture or press the assigned button to activate the one-hand mode.
Once activated, you will notice that the screen size is reduced, making it easier to control your smartphone with just one hand. To exit the one-hand mode, simply repeat the same action you used to activate it.
Opening the Chip Tray without a SIM Key
Sometimes, it can be challenging to open the chip tray of your cell phone if you don’t have a SIM key readily available. However, there are alternative methods you can try using common household objects. Here’s one approach:
- Find a small but sturdy object that can fit into the tray’s eject hole. A paper clip or the end of a guitar string (preferably the number six string) can work well.
- Insert the object gently into the hole while applying slight pressure to push the tray out.
- If you don’t have either of these devices, you can use the hard plastic from a new SIM card. Carefully cut it into an appropriate shape that can fit into the eject hole without being too thick or too thin.
Remember to be cautious while using these methods to avoid damaging your device. It’s also important to note that household objects with similar characteristics may work as well.