Automatic App Updates on Android: What You Need to Know
Automatic app updates on Android offer numerous benefits for users. They guarantee that your apps always have the latest security improvements, bug fixes, and additional features. They also help protect your tools from external agents who may access your personal information, such as WhatsApp and Telegram. While these automatic updates save time and effort, they may not be suitable for every situation, especially if your phone has limited storage space. In this article, we will explain how to stop the automatic updates of certain apps on your Android device.
How to Stop Automatic Updates for Specific Apps
You can easily stop the updates of certain apps to save space on your mobile device. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to Google Play and access the search engine.
- Search for the application for which you want to stop updates.
- Once you are on the app’s interface, click on the three vertical points located above.
- In the menu that appears, select “Automatic updates”.
- Disable the option by tapping the box.
If you want to stop updates for all apps, follow these additional steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of Google Play.
- Select “Update automatic applications”.
- Choose the option “Do not update automatic applications”.
By following these steps, you can prevent certain apps from automatically updating and free up storage space on your Android device.
Adding a Profile Photo to Your Contacts
If you want to add profile photos to your contacts on Android, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the native “Contacts” application on your Android smartphone.
- Find and press the name of the person you want to add a photo to.
- Download the image you want to use from Instagram, Facebook, or WhatsApp.
- Click on the camera icon or unknown person icon located above the contact’s name.
Follow these steps to easily add profile photos to your contacts on Android.