Although WhatsApp took measures a long time ago and inserted a function to prevent someone from forcing us into a group without having asked our permission, with this new era of mass teleworking, it may be necessary to give in and get into one or more work groups . And if for whatever reason you want to keep your name hidden so that those other members you don’t know see it, the problem is that WhatsApp doesn’t give you options for that.
Hide your name in white
Every WhatsApp user has a name written on their profile. And if you try to make it blank by deleting the one there is, WhatsApp forces you not to leave that blank space. Yes, you can just put a period, a dash or a comma, the app will accept it.
But to make it look better, so that when you talk to someone a completely blank space appears over the message, do this:
Method 1: On the mobile by opening a link
- Open this link. On the web that appears, it will show you the Unicode character U + 2800
- Do you see the empty square inside the rectangle? Hold your finger down just off the side of the squareor, until the blank space within the square appears selected. And hit the Copy tool that just appeared.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile
- Go to Right upper corner and give the icon of the three vertical dots
- Seeks Settings and open them
- Tap on your profile picture
- In section Profile qwhich has just been opened to you, touch under the photo where it says name
- The edit menu will open. Hold down on the name you have on WhatsApp and that it appears highlighted -or delete it and hold down on the empty text space.
- Hit Copy. With this you will copy that blank space of the Unicode character that you have copied.
- Accept the change and you’re done: your name will appear blank in all your chats.
Method 2: On WhatsApp Web and mobile by copying a blank space
Simpler and that does not require opening websites, it is about copy a white space formed between characters, such as the one that appears in the center of the quotation marks that we put below:
As you can see, between the two characters in the inner zone there is a blank point right in the center. Simply select it with the mouse -or keep pressed on it on the mobile screen-, then giving the command ‘Copy’ to move it to the clipboard.
- Open WhatsApp Web and go to your profile picture which is to the left of the interface
- Click on it and go to the namespace
- Click about the pencil to edit it
- Erase your name and paste that blank that you have copied before -right mouse click> Paste.
- Save changes and you’re done.