Sometimes a plan comes up between friends / family that requires coordination. And nothing better than messaging applications like WhatsApp for this. But when you are the one who is usually in charge of communicating everything, you may have to notify several people at the same time by WhatsApp.
And so that you don’t have to be creating and deleting groups, we give you an alternative. Because with the function of Mailing lists, you can send messages to multiple contacts at the same time. A Broadcast List is a list of recipients that is saved. When you use this list, you can rebroadcast a message to the same recipients without having to select them again one by one.
How to create a Broadcast List
To create a Broadcast List, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the screen Chats> Menu button> New broadcast.
- Write the names of your contacts or press the + button to select from your contact list.
- Press OK.
- Press Create. This process create a new list of recipients for broadcasts.
When you send a message to the broadcast list, it will be sent to all the contacts on the list. Recipients will receive the message as if it were an individual message. When they reply to the message, it will also appear as an individual message on your Chat screens; your replies will not be sent to the other recipients on the list. Only contacts who have your number stored in their phone’s contact book will receive your broadcast messages.
If one of your contacts doesn’t receive your broadcast messages, check that they have your number saved in their phone’s contact book. Broadcast lists are a system for sending an individual message to multiple recipients by WhatsApp. If you want recipients to be able to exchange messages, create a group chat.
How to edit a Broadcast List
- Open the Broadcast List.
- Press the button Menu> Broadcast list.
- On the Broadcast List information screen, you can do one of the following three functions:
- Press the icon edit to rename from the broadcast list.
- Press the button Add recipient...
- Long-press on a recipient’s name to selectr Delete to (recipient) from the broadcast list.
How to delete a Broadcast List
- Hold down the Broadcast list you want to delete.
- Press Delete broadcast list.
- Press Remove.