History repeats itself: Open your Twitter timeline and bam! videos start playing by themselves as soon as the page loads. Or worse yet, just when you’re scrolling up – down without giving yourself time to pause them.
Autoplay or automatic reproduction is the horror, and due to the variety of news that the social network shows us, videos with content that we do not want to see can be reproduced without us having clicked on them.
To do? ‘Kill’ autoplay. And we tell you how to do it:
If you are using Twitter in a desktop or portable web browser
- Click on “Plus” in the menu on the left
- Seeks “Settings and privacy “.
- Choose “Accessibility, display and languages”> “Data usage”
- Click on the option “Autoplay”. This way you will be able to deactivate the automatic reproduction of videos in your feed.
If you are using Twitter on the Android or iOS app
- Open Twitter on mobile
- Find and tap your profile picture at the top of the screen
- Choose “Settings and privacy “ on the menu.
- Navigate to “Use of data “
- Tap on “Video Auto Play”
- Set the function to “Never”.