table of contents
Whether as a Viking warrior, as a hacker or in the skin of a football professional: The adventures in the most exciting video games of the last few months have been denied to Apple customers. Because titles like Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Resident Evil Village or FIFA 21 have not appeared for macOS or iOS. And the option of starting halfway modern Windows games on a second partition via boot camp is no longer available on the fast Macs with M1 processors.
So do ambitious gamers only have the option of buying a PC or a console? Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Series X are out of stock months after the market launch due to the pandemic and global delivery problems for computer chips. And the prices of modern graphics cards for gaming PCs are also at a high level due to the shortage of chips and the ongoing Bitcoin mining.
In addition, many users are not even willing to spend so much money on hardware because they only want to play every now and then or maybe lose interest again after a month. A current game console costs at least 500 euros – without games.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +