Inkay and Teacher are now available in Pokémon GO. On the occasion of the start of the Season of Mischief and the Psychoshow event, Niantic welcomes these two Pokémon from the region of Kalos (X / Y editions), much remembered for the particular form of evolution that they had in said sixth generation video games on Nintendo 3DS. We tell you how to get Inkay and how to evolve it to Malamar.
It may interest you:
- Pokémon GO: how to get Hoopa in Misunderstood Mischief; investigations and rewards
- Pokémon GO: all research, rewards and shiny for September (2021)
- Pokémon GO: how to find and capture Ditto 
Pokémon GO welcomes Inkay and Malamar; date and details
The Pokémon GO Psychoshow event has started this Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. and will be available until Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. (local time), but Inkay will not leave after the event, but is here to stay. Also, Inkay only evolves into Malamar under very specific circumstances, so take note so you don’t miss anything below.
How to catch Inkay in Pokémon GO: all possible methods
There are currently three ways to get Inkay in Pokémon GO, according to the official information shared by the development team itself. It is quite simple, so you have several ways to do it. When the Psychoshow event ends, we can only find it in the wild.
- Wild encounters: Inkay will appear more frequently in our environment during the Psychoshow event; later it will also appear, but less frequently.
- One star raids– Raids of lower difficulty level will have Inkay as the protagonist, among others. Inkay: PC Max 529/662 with favorable climate.
- After completing the field research tasks exclusive to the Psycho-show event. Step 5/5 rewards a guaranteed encounter with Inkay.
How to evolve Inkay in Malamar in Pokémon GO?
The key question comes, how can we evolve our Inkay to Malamar? As in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for Nintendo 3DS, we had to turn the console to use the gyroscope and place this squid in its natural position, in Pokémon GO does not change the method.
- First step: Get 50 Inkay candies, essential to carry out the evolution to Malamar
- Second step: you have to turn to your iOS or Android smartphone with Inkay on the screen; then you will see that you can click the evolve button. The mobile must identify that we have turned the device over. If it doesn’t work, repeat this step. You have to have the gyroscope activated.
References | Pokémon GO Live