A small clip for social media, a YouTube video about the last big trip, the hobby or even short film projects: the open source software Kdenlive is a versatile video editor that can be used to create very different videos. Getting started is pleasantly easy And if you want, you can also build small animations, add a subtitle track to the video and render it in the appropriate format for the desired publication platform.
Lots of effects and transitions provide variety, a library saves clips that are used frequently so that they are quickly available in all projects. Generators produce clips with a countdown, white noise, or a test pattern. The Kdenlive user interface can be adjusted in detail so that everything goes quickly when editing video.
If the holiday video is still missing a panoramic recording or background music, Kdenlive can search the online services Freesound, Pexels, Pixabay and the Internet Archive for freely available clips. The tool can save the license information in the project notes if you wish, so that you don’t have to worry about missing information later.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +