Disney has announced that a number of Marvel movies will be delayed, including Doctor Strange 2, Thor: Love and Thunder, and Black Panther 2. It has been announced that Indiana Jones 5 will be delayed by almost a year.
Disney shared all of the date changes in one announcement. Among the postponed films is a Marvel movie that has not yet been announced:
Marvel and Indiana Jones vision history changes
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – delayed from March 25, 2022 to May 6, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder – delayed from May 6, 2022 to July 8, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – delayed from July 8, 2022 to November 11, 2022
- Indiana Jones 5 – Postponed from July 29, 2022 to June 30, 2023
- The Marvels – delayed from November 11, 2022 to February 17, 2023
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – Postponed from February 17, 2023 to July 28, 2023
- Untitled Marvel movie – pulled forward from November 10, 2023 to November 3, 2023.
Disney has also completely removed two Marvel movies that have yet to be announced. These films were expected to be released on July 28, 2023 and October 6, 2023. The unnamed Disney live-action film and 20th Century films were also removed from the list. Removing them from the calendar does not mean that these films have been shelved, of course, we can assume that they removed them from the list, probably because Disney is not yet in a position to give a date for these films.
The changes made are limited to Disney’s selection of movies to be released, with no changes announced for productions coming to the Disney+ streaming service. The remaining MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies of this year are the same as Eternals and Spider-Man: No Way Home and will hit theaters on November 5 and December 17, respectively, as expected.
DeadlineAccording to the news of , these changes were made due to “not reaching the desired point in the script” or some of them “still in progress”.
Joe Skrebels is the editor-in-chief at MRT.