If you are planning an audio or video conference with Microsoft Teams at a fixed time, the first thing you need to do is to create a calendar entry for it. For users of a Microsoft 365 business plan, the easiest way to do this is to use the Outlook app, which is also licensed in the subscription, and the Exchange access that is also included. There you open the calendar view and click on “New teams meeting”. The resulting dialog records all of the required information, apart from the date, the title of the meeting, as well as indispensable and optional participants.
While you can address your partners in chats and calls by name or abbreviation, you always use their e-mail addresses for planned meetings. When you have completed the invitation, send it off and each participant will receive an invitation email with an embedded entry for the meeting. He can follow this link with his Teams client or web browser.
If the recipient accepts the invitation, the entry ends up in their personal diary. It then pops up at the agreed time and asks the user whether he would like to accept the invitation with his teams app or via web browser.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +