The first part from the highly anticipated Minecraft 1.17 update. It is not the only patch, since since Mojang They have made sure to keep the title updated so that in the middle of 2021 several changes and adjustments continue to arrive. Here is a review of all of them so that you can understand at a glance those news that land in the title: new blocks, goats, axolotls, amethysts, copper and much more.
All the details and news of update 1.17
Goats and powder snow
To start we have the goats as a novelty. We will can find them in the mountains (usually snowfall) and its gait will allow us to know where another of the novelties of the title is: the powder snow. If we step on it, we will be frozen and we can slip and fall, so it is best to avoid it as much as possible.
Returning to goats, we can add that they have a fairly high jumping capacity and that they can be hostile, so we must be very careful if we want to avoid being rammed down the hill. As in the case of cows, we can offer them wheat to domesticate them and milk them. Another item that we can obtain from them is the Goat horn, which will be released from time to time and will be very useful to us.
Glowing Axolotls and Squid
The goats arrive accompanied by another interesting being: the axolotls. From Mojang they indicate that we can find them in the water and from there collect them with buckets to transport them, if we dare. We say this because they are creatures hostile both against human villagers and against other aquatic animals. Precisely for this reason we must avoid creating joint aquariums with other fish or aquatic pets, since the matter will end in a dangerous fight.
The glowing squid to the oceans. They were originally exclusive to Minecraft Earth, but the community heavily demanded their inclusion in the main game and ultimately they have. Their main attraction, beyond their shiny appearance, is the fact that when they die they release a glossy ink bag that we can use to craft luminous panels with which to further customize our base and world to taste.
New blocks in Minecraft: amethyst, copper and more
- Copper ore– Found underground near the mine shafts. Its uses are very varied and interesting, since the copper will eventually oxidize and its color will change over time until it reaches a greenish hue instead of the usual brown. Of course, we will achieve that it is maintained thanks to the use of beeswax.
- Geodas de amatista: we will find them in caves and we can mine them with the help of our pick. At the moment we don’t know much more about it, but promises about a significant enlargement of the caves and the subsoil are still up in the air.
- Powder snow: on the tops of snowy mountains. If we step on it, we will freeze little by little and this will affect our health.
- Speleothem (stalactites and stalagmites): they are found in caves. For now we only know that we can use them as decorative elements.
- Deep slate– Found near the bedrock in the underground area. It will be accompanied by basalt, but we will still have to wait to continue descending into the subsoil until we visit layer -64.
- Glowing lichen: we will find it in caves.
- Glowing berries– Found in mine shaft chests
- Moss– Found in shipwreck chests.
- Azalea: we can find it if we use bone meal in the moss
New gadgets: spyglass, lightning rod and more
Last but not least, there are also several new rigs As the spyglass, whose usefulness is evident and which is built with two copper ingots and a fragment of amethyst. We also have the option of building a lightning rod by using three copper ingots. With it we can prevent thunderstorms from causing dangerous fires on our properties. To this pair are added other interesting items such as candles (that we can dye in different colors) and those mentioned illuminated signs, both for decoration and lighting.