When photographers want to buy new hardware, they usually think of a good camera and high-quality lenses. Without this, they can hardly implement their ideas of beautiful portraits, exciting architecture or spectacular landscapes. Next on the list is usually a powerful computer and suitable software to manage and edit the images.
It is not uncommon for the display device to be overlooked when planning the budget. The screen is the link between the photographer and the digitally available recordings. You could get a rough impression on the camera display, but the quality of a picture and the effect of the picture only unfold when it is enlarged on the monitor: If the picture is sharp, the exposure is correct, the composition works and the colors correspond to the conditions Time of admission?
This also clearly defines the tasks of the screen. It should reproduce exactly what our camera recorded, with no concealment and nothing to add to it – comparable to the loudspeakers of a hi-fi system. And if you use this comparison, it quickly becomes clear that every music enthusiast has different demands. For one, the sound from the kitchen radio is enough, the other even sets up his room according to the placement of his high-end loudspeakers for uninterrupted listening pleasure.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +