You will never have a dull moment with the Pogues in the celebrated series Outer Banks. Throughout the series, you will watch John B. and his group of friends on an adventurous hunt for the next treasure, and the same thing took place in the second season finale. So far, the makers have released two seasons of this series. It has been over two years since the fans saw their favorite group of adventure-seekers, and they are waiting for a word on the third one.
Well, guess what! The third season of the series is happening real soon. After confirmation, Netflix, the OTT behemoth, released a small teaser of the third season, and since then, all eyes have been everywhere on the internet and social media in search of further updates.
So, when will the third season of Outer Banks be released? Read this article till the end to find out.
What is the Plot of Outer Banks?
Set in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, the series follows a group of teens known as the Pogues, who are the lowest member of the food chain. The group members, John B. and his friends start a journey to seek the truth behind the sudden disappearance of his father and they must face off against their rivals, Kooks. The entire plot turns into a curious quest, transforming into a deadly treasure hunt.
When Will the Third Season be Released?
It has been confirmed that the Pogues will return to the TV screens in 2023. In September 2022, a teaser surfaced all over the internet with the caption, “The Pogues are back in town. OBX 3 coming 2023.”
In an interview, actress Madelyn Cline who plays Sarah Cameron seems to have accidentally leaked the premiere date for Outer Banks Season 3. According to her, the show will be out on the 23rd of February, 2023. She looked to her side and appeared to have realized that the date has not been shared yet.
While the official announcement awaits, the third season will likely debut next February. It is exciting as the audience will see their favorite show in less than two months.
Can I Watch the Trailer for Outer Banks Season 3?
As of now, the makers have not released the trailer for the third season. However, Tudum: A Netflix Global Fan Event granted the first-look teaser to the audience for the third season. Everything begins looking rosy for the Pogues, despite being stranded on an island. You will spot glimpses of coconuts and puka shells until you see the car chases, hand-to-hand combat, and imminent danger lying in store for the OBX friends in the third season.
Talking more about the teaser comes on the backdrop of The Heavy Heavy’s All My Dreams. The first scene is one of a perfect paradise. The Pogues had taken up residence on a deserted island by the end of season 2, and it would seem all is going swimmingly. The teaser shows clear blue skies, pristine sands, soft crashing waves, definitely palm trees, and JJ mounting a sign to let everyone where they are.
However, with most blissful situations on screen, that does not last very long. John B says, “Nothing worthy is given. The question is, what are you willing to do to win? How far will you go to get your treasure?”
Midway through the voiceover, you will see that the teaser gathers more steam and momentum. It shows a couple of scuffles, including a fistfight at the back of a moving van. The teens might be alive and well. However, that doesn’t mean they have started engaging in less dangerous adventures as they go on with their quest of finding the missing treasures. There is also a leap of faith that would make Ezio and the assassins proud.
If the teaser of the third season is to be analyzed, get ready to experience adventure manifold. The third season will be full of thrill and excitement.
Where did the Second Season End?
The cliffhanger ending of the second season clearly hinted to the fans that the third season of Outer Banks would happen.
In the finale of the second season, the Pogues were chasing after the coveted Cross of Danto Domingo. They were in pretty dire straits. But with the help of Cleo, the crew managed to escape. But their escape doesn’t land them to paradise. Another surprise, or rather a shock awaits the gang.
The finale also provides system shocks for John B and Sarah, as both their fathers who were presumed to be dead were very much alive.
What Will be the Plot of Season 3?
Season 3 will take the second season’s finale further. While the war between the Pogues and Camerons is expected to continue for this season too, Pope’s warning ‘It is not over’ will heighten the thrills of the fans that can only achieve its end in the third season.
The third season will answer many questions that the second installment left the audience with. One of the most important questions among all is how and why Big John is back and what does he intend to do?
Who will be a Part of the Third Season?
We cannot confirm the exact list of the official cast members of the third season. But because most of the main characters will return for the third installment, the potential cast will likely be the following.
- Chase Stokes as John B. Routledge
- Madelyn Cline as Sarah Cameron
- Madison Bailey as Kiara Carrera
- Jonathan Daviss as Pope Heyward
- Rudy Pankow as JJ Maybank
- Austin North as Topper
- Charles Esten as Ward Cameron
- Drew Starkey as Rafe Cameron
- Carlacia Grant as Cleo
- Andy McQueen as Carlos Singh
- Fiona Palomo as Sofia
- Lou Ferrigno Jr. as Ryan
- Nicholas Cirillo as Barry
- Charles Halford as Big John, John B’s presumed dead father
- Gary Weeks as Luke
- Samantha Soule as Anna Carrera
- Adam Donahue as Agent Bratcher
- Terence Rosemore as Captain Terrance
- Elizabeth Mitchell as Carla Limbrey
- Jesse C. Boyd as Renfield
Where can I Watch Outer Banks?
Before the third season of the series airs, you can set out on a streaming marathon of the first two installments. Stream them this weekend on Netflix, and we promise you will have a lot of fun.
Know These Interesting Facts About Outer Banks
- Chase Stokes was not going to audition for the series. He originally passed on the show because when it was pitched to him, it sounded very similar to The Goonies. According to Chase, he didn’t want to be a part of something that could potentially ruin a cult-classic movie. However, he read the script and realized that the two were not the same at all. It is how he became the protagonist, John B.
- Before Chase Stokes, the makers wanted Rudy Pankow to play John B on the show. The actor wanted to play JJ from the beginning; however, the producers wanted him for John B at first.
- The entire cast of Outer Banks had to go through a lot of water training. The actors had to become pros at all sorts of water activities because a majority of the scene had to be shot in the middle of the water. Thus, the actors trained in multiple water training activities like swimming, diving, boating, and surfing.
- You may not be aware, but some of the cast of the series lived and quarantined together. For instance, John B and JJ are best buds, and they have been such since they were kids. Stokes and Pankow wanted that friendship to be translated perfectly on the screen. Hence, they decided to live together throughout filming. And guess what, it paid off for the audience could feel the closeness in them.
- During the pandemic, a group of the cast, including Pankow, Stokes, Madelyn, Cline, and Drew Starkey, were quarantined together for about a month and a half.
- A North Carolina high school English teacher and author named Kevin Wooten filed a lawsuit against Netflix and the creators of Outer Banks in December 2020. According to him, the makers and OTT platform stole the plot of his novel. However, in May 2021, the lawsuit was dismissed when a federal judge determined the teacher and author failed to show any substantial similarities between the two pieces.
- One of the most interesting facts from the series is that most of the time, every scene is shot from three different angles. According to the makers, it allows for improv to be incorporated.
- Most of the parts of the two seasons of Outer Banks have been filmed in Charleston, South Carolina. On the contrary, the plot is shown to be based in North Carolina. A majority of the scenes were filmed in the Charleston area in protest of North Carolina’s then-support of the bathroom bill – a law that prevents cities from passing laws that protect transgender people’s access to public restrooms.
- While filming the first season in the summer of 2019, the entire cast and crew had to evacuate the city because of Hurricane Dorian.
- While the third season is airing on the TV screens real soon, there is a strong possibility that Outer Banks could run for four seasons. Thus, there is still a lot of adventure for the fans to explore.