Pokémon GO and its record figures: 5 billion in revenue and best first half

Share your love

Pokémon GO has exceeded $ 5 billion in billing through integrated purchases since its launch in July 2016. Niantic’s video game, a leader in interactive app betting based on geolocation and augmented reality technology, is now celebrating its fifth anniversary full of events, activities and content. In accordance with Sensor Tower, the first semester of 2021 was its best historical first semester.

Pokémon GO closes its best first semester; a review of your records

Because Pokémon GO does not stop growing. Although the number of downloads of the app has decreased as a community has been consolidated, a huge base of daily active players, the so-called player spending (what each user invests in their game through microtransactions) does not stop growing in absolute terms. If between the months of January and June 2017 the game had a turnover of 278 million dollars, in that same period of 2021 we speak of 642 million dollars.

Just looking at the reference of the $ 479 million from 2020, a year as atypical as extraordinary, when the income of digital apps soared as a result of the confinement, this course the title is insatiable and registers 34% growth in revenue during the first half of 2021.

The question now is whether Pokémon GO will manage to overcome the 1.3 billion dollars invoiced in all of 2020. Making a simple calculation, if the second half of 2021 is as fruitful as the first, it is possible that it is.

Pokémon GO has been downloaded on more than 630 million devices

USA it is consolidated as the country with the greatest economic contribution to Pokémon GO on the entire planet with 1.9 billion of those accumulated more than 5000 million dollars; 36.6% of the total. Japan is the second with 32%, while Germany ranks as the third country most overturned with Pokémon GO; it is 5.4%.

Read Also   World Championship Series in Pokémon GO: how to register to participate, dates and requirements

Of that total amount, Google Play (Android) represents 52.8% of the total accumulated revenue, $ 2.7 billion; for its part, the App Store (iOS devices) contributes the remaining 47.2% with $ 2.4 billion, despite the fact that there are far fewer smartphones with Apple’s operating system.

Source | Sensor Tower

.

Article Source

Share your love