Giovanni is back in Pokémon GO temporarily too during this month of August 2021. His absence was beginning to be very long, so the leader of Team GO Rocket returns to the iOS and Android video game accompanied by new dark Pokémon; from the legendary birds of the Kanto region (Articuno, Zapdos Y Moltres) passing by Dark ho-Oh from the past June 17; also during July and August. In order to help you find it and end it, in this article we review all the details, dates, equipment that we can find and the best counters to combat them.
- It may interest you: Pokémon GO – Research ‘The higher they fly’: all missions and rewards
- Pokémon GO: how to defeat Arlo, Sierra and Cliff in August 2021; best counters
- Pokémon GO – Research ‘A shadow of seven colors’: all missions and rewards
- Pokémon GO: all research, rewards and shiny for August (2021)
Giovanni in Pokémon GO: how long will he be in the game?
The start of the Discovery Season from June 1, 2021 to Tuesday, September 1, 2021 at 10:00 (local time) will present us with a multitude of news and rotations in the raid leaders, but also the return of the Team GO Rocket with new dark Pokémon, including recruits, Cliff, Sierra Y Arlo, whose previous confrontation is essential in order to find Giovanni. Your chosen legendary will depend on the month we are in. Also, if we defeat him we will have guaranteed a meeting with the Legendary Dark Pokémon active. From this June 17 and until further notice, Dark Ho-Oh.
- August 2021: Dark ho-Oh
How to find Giovanni: Super Radar Rocket
Without a Super Radar Rocket we can’t face Giovanni. That is why the research The higher they fly It is so important, because its six phases are presented mandatory to obtain this important item and then challenge the leader of Team GO Rocket. Phase 4/6 of these missions will make us face Arlo, Cliff Y Sierra, whose individual rewards are 1250 XP (3750 XP) plus an additional reward of 2500 XP, 1000 Stardust and the long-awaited Super Radar Rocket, the object that they give us when we defeat the trio of recruits.
Once the Super Radar Rocket is activated, we must remember that the confrontation against Giovanni is limited to specific hours and in specific places: from 06:00 AM to 22:00 local time at the Poképaradas. Also in the Globes.
Now comes the big challenge, phase 5/6 of the investigation The higher they fly, which is the step where we will find Giovanni, we will challenge him and, with a good strategy, we will defeat him. The rewards are interesting: 5 Maximum Potions for finding it, 20 Ultra Ball for challenging it and 5 Maximum Revive if we defeat it. Add to that 3000 XP, 1 MT fast attack and 1 MT charged attack.
Best counters to beat Giovanni [agosto de 2021]
The confrontation consists of three matches, as always. The first is always Persian, an old acquaintance of the Kanto generation who will not present us with many difficulties. The second will vary depending on three options: Kangaskhan, Garchomp Y Nidoking. The third and last, this June, is Dark zapdos.
First Pokémon to fight Giovanni
- Persian: his best counters are Machamp, Hariyama and Lucario. Three fighting-type Pokémon, super effective against Persian and with high attack stats. It is recommended not to consume the charged attack in this confrontation; It tends to fall very quickly, better to reserve it for later. As a general rule, moves like Counterattack and Aural Sphere for Lucario, Dynamic Fist for Machamp, and Right Wave for Conkeldurr, are the best options for your main move.
Second Pokémon in the battle against Giovanni
- Kangaskhan: weak to fight type. The best opponents to beat him are, therefore, the aces of this type: Lucario, Machamp, Conkeldurr or Breelom, among others. In all of them the same moveset serves us, with Counterattack as a fast movement and Dynamic Fist as the main charged movement. In the specific case of Lucario, the Aural Sphere has an effective damage of 100%; It is the only one with this percentage and an unavoidable in our set of movements.
- Nidoking: In this case, Nidoking is a Pokémon vulnerable to Water, Earth, Ice and Psychic, so any of the mentioned types are an effective solution, especially if we use a Mewtwo with Confusion or Psychocut plus Mindwave in the charge. Other interesting counters are Excadrill with Mud Shot and Earthquake, or Delphox with Zen Headbutt and Psychic.
- Garchomp: big words. One of the most powerful Pokémon in the Sinnoh region, with a truly intimidating attack, it has no better defense than an attack of its own medicine. It is a Dragon with second Earth type, so we are going to hit with Ice, which is weak x4. Mamoswine with Powder Snow and Avalanche is a safe bet, also Weavile with Frozen Song and Avalanche; Glaceon with Frost Mist and Avalanche or Galarian Darmanitan with Ice Fang and Avalanche or Ice Fist.
Third Pokémon in the battle against Giovanni: Dark Ho-Oh
Dark ho-Oh is the new third Pokémon of the team of Giovanni during this month of June 2021. According to Niantic reported, from Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 00:00 Y until Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 00:00, local time, we will have Dark Ho-Oh accompanied by the investigation A shadow of seven colors. We are talking about a Fire and Flying type creature, weak to Rock (x4), Electric and Water, so we will prioritize movements of type Roca. We have to be careful if it attacks us with movements such as Daring Bird or Flare, its most fearsome attacks within the range of charges. For the rest, it is not too complex to defeat him with movements like Avalanche or Rockbreaker. Here we leave you the ideal team of opponents.
- Rampardos with Antiaircraft and Avalanche
- Hippowdon with Lightning Fang and Meteorball
- Rhyperior with Anti-Aircraft and Rockbreaker
- Tyranitar with Anti-Aircraft and Sharp Rock
- Terracion with Antiaircraft and Avalanche
- Gigalith with Antiaircraft and Avalanche
- Aerodactyl with Rock Thrower and Avalanche