One of the main characteristics of Pokémon GO is that it keeps intact the essence of the main saga, based on the capture, exchange and combat between creatures. To get hold of everyone, in short, thanks to mechanics like the exchanging Pokémon between friends. We explain how to do it and all the steps to follow so that this exchange is held successfully.
It may interest you:
- Pokémon GO Fest 2021: date, price, featured Pokémon, rewards and more
- Pokémon GO Fest 2021 will have a face-to-face event in 22 cities; Spain included: full list
- Pokémon GO Fest 2021: the day of raids will have all these Legendary Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Fest 2021 | Meloetta will be the featured singular Pokémon
Requirements to be able to trade Pokémon with other players
First of all, it is important to make it clear that it is necessary to be level 10, at least, in Pokémon GO. From that level, we can already add friends and exchange Pokémon.
- It is essential that the person with whom we want to exchange is our friend. All you have to do is enter your Trainer codes in section Friendships.
- You must be less than 100 meters away.
- We are not allowed to trade Legendary or Mythical Pokémon; Pokémon already traded; Banned Pokémon (they appear with a cross) or our partner Pokémon. We also can’t trade creatures that are currently defending Gymnasium.
- Only one Shiny / Shiny Pokémon can be traded per day.
- We can do up to 100 exchanges a day.
Steps to follow to trade Pokémon in Pokémon GO
When you are physically with your friend in the same location, you can make the exchange. Come to the Exchange section.
- In Map View, go to your Coach Profile.
- Tap on the section Friends, at the top of the screen, you will see your friends list
- Click on the Trainer you want to trade Pokémon with.
- Tap the button To exchange to access the exchange screen.
- Select the Pokémon what do you want to exchange. “Please note that CPs, Health Points and other statistical data are adjusted when exchanging. The new PC and Pokémon Health Points will appear as an interval ”, they warn from the official support portal.
- Confirm the Exchange. You will have to bear the cost of the specified amount of Stardust required for the Exchange and the Candies received through this exchange. The greater the distance, the greater the amount of Candy.
Source | Pokémon GO / Niantic Help