The Duke of York was accused of abusing a minor. The news was confirmed through the social networks of the Royal House.
Prince Andrew has abandoned his military affiliations and royal patronages as he backs a civil sexual assault case in the United States.
Through a statement, Buckingham Palace assured that the roles would be the Queen’s again, after their acceptance. “The Duke of York will continue to take no public office and is defending this case as a private citizen.”, states the published document.
The news was given through the social networks of the Royal House. For its part, Routers also reported that the Duke of York will no longer use the style of “His Royal Highness” in no official capacity, and their roles will be given to other members of the royal family.
On Wednesday, the prince’s plan was assured that Virginia Roberts Giuffre filed the lawsuit, which holds him responsible for sexually abusing her when she was a child, was denied by the US judge.
Duke York’s decision came after more than 150 veterans signed an open letter to the Queen to remove him from his military titles for his friendship with the financial abuser in conjunction with Jeffrey Epstein and convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.
What are Prince Andrew’s charges?
Following a 22-year career in the Royal Navy, Andrés holds a number of honorary military titles:
• Colonel of the Grenadier Guards
• Deputy Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Lancers
• Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Irish Regiment
• Colonel-in-Chief of the Yorkshire Regiment
• Colonel-in-chief of the Small Arms School Corps
• Royal Colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers
• Honorary Air Commodore RAF Lossiemouth
• Commodore in Chief of the Fleet Air Arm