Renfe issues 2.2 million free Cercanías and Media Distancia passes

Share your love

Renfe has issued 2.2 million free Cercanías, Rodalies and Media Distancia passes since they were made available to citizens on August 24.

Of the total number of tickets purchased, 71% (1.6 million) are season tickets to travel in the different Cercanías, Rodalies and Cercanías Ancho Métrico nuclei, while the remaining 29% (627,000) are for Medium Distance routes.

In addition to the free subscriptions for recurring customers, Renfe has sold more than 71,000 tickets with discounts of 50% of Avant to use in high-speed medium-distance services until January 31, 2023.

In these three months, in the Cercanías services, the average increase throughout the national territory compared to 2021 is 30.5% and the demand is around 95% compared to the time before the pandemic.

By cores, Madrid has grown by 25.7% compared to 2021, Barcelona by 28.7% and Valencia by 38.1%.

In towns such as Seville, Cádiz, Bilbao and San Sebastián, the increase compared to last year is around 55% and in Malaga, Asturias and Santander (BME:SAINT) growth exceeds 60 %.

The increase in Media Distancia trips in 2022 is even greater than in Cercanías, with 6.9 million trips, 2.5 million more than in 2021 (59.7%) and 1.3 million more compared to 2019 (22.8%).

Read Also   The Government of Peru authorizes the intervention of the Armed Forces to support the Police in the "control of internal order"
Share your love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *