Every month, the Social Security Administration (SSA) sends funds to retired workers and other beneficiaries. This includes those who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), disability benefits, and survivors. Recently, the SSA implemented an 8.7 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) increase, which resulted in an average retiree payment of about $1,827. On the other hand, average payments for SSI beneficiaries are approximately $656, with the maximum benefit being $914 per month for an individual and $1,371 for a married couple who are both eligible for the program.
It may interest you to know that Social Security recipients will receive two payments in the coming months. SSI recipients also have the potential to receive two payments. However, this is not always the case depending on the month.
SSIs are scheduled to be sent out on the first day of the month. However, if the first day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the payment is sent in advance. Thus, SSI recipients can receive two payments in a month or none at all. This occurred in December 2020 and March 2021. In those months, SSI beneficiaries received two payments, but the following month, they received none due to the advance. The same occurrence will happen again in June, September, and December 2021.
To keep track of the mailing dates for these two SSI payments during these months, here are the listings:
– June 1: Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipient
– June 2: Recipients who began receiving their payments before May 1997
– June 14: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between June 1 and June 10
– June 21: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between June 11 and June 20
– June 28: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between June 21 and June 30
– June 30: SSI recipients (July payment)
– September 1: SSI recipients and recipients who began receiving their payments before May 1997
– September 13: Recipients with a birth date between September 1 and 10
– September 20: Recipients with a birth date between September 11 and 20
– September 27: Recipients with birth dates between September 21 and 31
– September 29: SSI recipients (October payment)
– December 1: SSI recipients and recipients who began receiving their payments before May 1997
– December 13: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between December 1 and 10
– December 20: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between December 11 and 20
– December 27: Beneficiaries with a date of birth between December 21 and 31
– December 29: Beneficiaries of the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (January 2024 payment)
Make sure to keep track of your payments to avoid any confusion or potential mishaps.