Windows 11 is officially a reality, and for 48 hours you can download it if your computer is compatible. But as is often the case with a new version of an operating system, this one is not without flaws. In fact, it is common and expected that there are many sections to tweak. And in its first two days in business, Microsoft has already found a problem that its Windows 11 has with AMD Ryzen processors.
Windows 11 AMD Ryzen
In fact, AMD and Microsoft have identified two problems: The first is that Windows 11 can cause the latency of the L3 cache to triple. AMD dice that the problem could cause performance between 3% and 5% worse in most affected applications, while some games (AMD specifically refers to those “commonly used for eSports “) could see performance drops of up to 15%.
The second fault identified is that Windows 11 is also having trouble with AMD’s “preferred kernel” technology, which normally aims switch threads to the fastest core of a processor. AMD warns that users could see performance issues on CPU-dependent tasks, specifically on processors with more than eight cores and a 65W TDP.
A patch in place to fix things
AMD and Microsoft have already confirmed that they are “actively investigating these known issues to resolve them through software updates “. The two companies promise that both a Windows update and a software update are planned for later this month. to try to solve those problems, although the bad thing is that that translates into a minimum of two weeks of waiting for those who have a computer with an AMD Ryzen processor.
- Windows 11: when and at what time can it be downloaded on PC?
- Windows 11: Release Date, Price, What’s New, Requirements, and More
- How to Download and Install Windows 11 – Now Available
- How to update your PC to Windows 11 for free?
- Windows 11: so you can know if your PC is compatible
- What Windows 10 features disappear in Windows 11 or are deprecated
- Windows 10: how long will it have official Microsoft support?
- How to install Windows 11 on unsupported computers without meeting the minimum requirements