Spectrum has become one of the most renowned and efficient internet services offering high-speed broadband internet service to over 32 million customers in the United States of America as a part of Charter Communications’ Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
With this service, you can make the most of the fastest and most reliable internet available.
The Affordable Connectivity Program of Spectrum is an FCC benefit program that ensures households can afford the broadband they need for school, work, healthcare, and more. It offers a discount of up to $30 per month towards internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Under this service, the former can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute over $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
ACP is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. Here is to know about it in detail.
How Affordable Connectivity Program Helps Save Money?
There are many ways in which you can reduce your monthly bill with the help of the Affordable Connectivity Program on different Spectrum internet packages.
Spectrum Internet 100
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offered by Spectrum Internet, comprises a specific plan at a monthly cost of $29.99. It offers 100 megabits per second download speed and 20 megabits per second upload speed to eligible households. The speed is fair enough to stream services like movies, and television shows, carry out video conferences and surf on the internet for any added purpose for a family of four.
You can switch to this $29.99 per month plan if you are enrolled in Spectrum Internet’s Affordable Connectivity Plan and receive a $30 credit towards your monthly bill automatically, which means you get service free. Upon enrolling in the program, your credit will appear on your next bill statement after being applied to your current bill cycle.
You will also have free modems and Wi-Fi in your home, along with self-installation for Spectrum Internet 100. That said, you will be responsible for any charges over $30 per month if you take advantage of the promotion price for two years.
Other Spectrum Internet Plans
All Spectrum Internet plans are still eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If your household pays $49.99 per month on a higher-speed plan and you qualify for the $30 monthly credit, your bill payment shall be reduced to $19.99 per month. Along with this, Spectrum Internet can be utilized to credit the cost of processing the credit, as well as bundled services, including broadband, telephone, texting, and equipment rental fees.
As part of the Affordable Connectivity Program, connected devices like laptops, tablets, or desktop computers can also be discounted up to $100 for a one-time fee of $10 to $50. However, there is a condition. You can buy the discounted device only once. Smartphones are not eligible for discounts nor are devices that are Wi-Fi enabled and can connect to video conferencing systems.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Affordable Connectivity Program Spectrum?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if their income is at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if a member of the household meets at least one of the following conditions/criteria:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Programs or School Breakfast Programs, including in the US.
- Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools.
- Federal Housing Assistance, including Housing Choice Voucher, Project-Based Rental Assistance, Public Housing, and Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives, or Native Hawaiians.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- Or Lifeline
- Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
How Can I Apply For the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program?
To apply for the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program, you need to follow the below-listed easy steps.
- Ensure your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can also visit acpbenefit.org
- You can save $30 a month by signing up for high-speed Internet at www.spectrum.com/ACP or by calling their number 1-833-660-0447.
- If you are a currently enrolled Spectrum Internet customer, you can save up to $30 per month by calling 1-833-660-0447. The service’s online application form makes it easy for current Spectrum customers to apply for this program if they have already applied for eligibility through the National Verifier.
- You will receive an email verifying your participation in this program. Visit the official website to check if you are eligible for this program if you intend to switch to Spectrum. Alongside this, the National Verifier application is also to be submitted.
- With Spectrum home Wi-Fi and high-speed Internet, you can surf and stream without interruptions. You will receive a temporary credit on your account every month.
How Does ACP Protect Consumers?
FCC rules protect the recipients of the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following manners:
- Empowering consumers to select the service plan that meets their needs and requirements in the best manner.
- Ensuring consumers have access to supported broadband services regardless of their credit status.
- Prohibiting providers from excluding consumers with past due balances or any remaining debt from enrolling in the program.
- Preventing consumers from being forced into more expensive or lower-quality plans to receive the ACP.
- Ensuring the customers are not liable for early termination fees.
- Reducing the potential for bill shock as well as other financial harms.
- Allowing ACP recipients to switch providers or broadband service offerings.
- Offering a dedicated FCC process for ACP complaints.
The popularity of Spectrum ACP is rising by leaps and bounds. There are over 12.6 million Affordable Connectivity Program enrollees across the United States of America. Additionally, experts estimate that 48 million households qualify for the program, reaching up to nearly 40 percent of the country’s households. As a result, the Affordable Connectivity Program is being utilized by 26 percent of American households that qualify, and the numbers are expected to go up in the next few years.