The Importance of Sunscreen
If you go to the beach often or like a warm tan under the sun, then sunscreen is precious for you. In order to achieve an ideal tan and not damage your skin with sunstroke, you should know that sunscreens are also used for sports and even everyday tasks. Sunscreens are essential to prevent sun spots from appearing on our skin and prevent premature aging of our dermis.
Choosing the Right Sunscreen
It is recommended to use sunscreens with SPF 50+ protection, that is, they filter around 98% of the UVB rays that reach our skin; although there are others with a lower percentage of defense. Finding the right sunscreen with the right amount of protection will help your skin stay healthy and avoid sun damage.
How to Use Sunscreen
Using sunscreen properly will help protect your skin from the sun’s damage. Use these ‘tips’ in your favor so that the sun’s ultraviolet rays do not penetrate your skin:
- First, use the amount of sunscreen that is missing. Do not skimp when it comes to protecting yourself from ultraviolet rays type A (UVA) and type B (UVB).
- Apply the equivalent of 35 ml, or 5 to 6 tablespoons of cream, on your skin.
- Use the equivalent of one teaspoon for the face, another for the arms, 2 for the legs and another couple for your back.
- It is advisable to find sunscreens with SPF 50+ protection, and thus avoid the sun’s UV rays as much as possible.
- If you are in a deep tanning session, try to reapply cream every 2 hours; it also applies after bathing or playing sports.
- Try to stay under an umbrella or shade to receive approximately 30% solar radiation.
- Always think about having about 2 bottles of sunscreen with you, especially if you are on vacation.
In conclusion, using sunscreen properly is important to stay healthy and avoid sun damage. It is recommended to find the right sunscreen with the right amount of protection to suit your needs. Always follow these tips to make the most of your sunscreen and keep your skin healthy and beautiful.