When a year ends, it is time to review what he has given of himself during his 12 months. And in the field of mobile applications, there are literally thousands that have been launched in the course of 2021, but as always only a handful are the graceful, the most downloaded. What do you think has been the most downloaded mobile application in 2021? WhatsApp, TikTok, Instagram, Spotify?
The most downloaded app of 2021
According to data collected and shared by analytics firm Apptopia, the clear winner is … No, it is not WhatsApp, but TikTok -In fact WhatsApp is in 4th position. All data in the report uses combined iOS + Android app download figures, except data for China, which is iOS only. If an application has a “lite” version, that data is included in the data of the respective application.
This is how the Top 10 apps of 2021 remain
- TikTok – 656 million downloads
- Instagram – 545 million downloads
- Facebook – 416 million downloads
- WhatsApp – 395 million downloads
- Telegram – 329 million downloads
- Snapchat 327 million downloads
- Zoom – 300 million downloads
- Messenger – 268 million downloads
- CapCut – 255 million downloads
- Spotify – 203 million downloads
Many of these applications are the same every year, as Facebook Meta occupies 4 of the top 10 positions and most of it is dedicated to social media applications. This year, Bytedance has landed two spots, one for TikTok and one for its video editing app, Capcut.
Many times the most downloaded applications are those that have a network effect. In the US market, eThe suite of apps is similar, but the difference this year is that HBO Max is the only streaming video subscription app to make the cut. Last year, both Netflix and Disney + were on the table, but in 2021 they have fallen from it.
The Top 10 Most Downloaded Apps of 2021 in America is a Little Different
- TikTok – 94 million downloads
- Instagram – 64 million downloads
- Snapchat – 56 million downloads
- Cash App – 56 million downloads
- ZOOM – 52 million downloads
- Messenger – 51 million downloads
- Facebook – 47.2 million downloads
- WhatsApp – 47.2 million downloads
- YouTube – 47 million downloads
- HBO Max – 45 million downloads