Concacaf Announces Host Cities for 2023 Gold Cup Matches
The Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football (Concacaf) has announced the 15 stadiums in 14 cities in the United States and Canada that will host the 2023 Gold Cup matches. This will be the seventeenth edition of the regional tournament and is set to run from June 16 to July 16 with the final match being held at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
Concacaf President Victor Montagliani expressed his excitement for the tournament and said that “the Gold Cup is our flagship competition and showcases the best of men’s national team soccer in the region.”
A Very Important Time for Soccer in the Region
He further stated that “this is a very important time for soccer in the region, with the Nations League, men’s and women’s Gold Cups, and other exciting club and national team competitions taking place over the next three years as we get closer to the 2026 FIFA World Cup,” which will be co-hosted by Mexico, Canada, and the United States.
The list of stadiums and cities that will host the matches includes:
– AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas (2009, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2021)
– Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina (2011, 2015, 2019)
– Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019)
– TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio (first-time venue)
– DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (2021)
– State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona (2009, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021)
– Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey (2013, 2017, 2019)
– NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2019, 2021)
– Shell Energy Stadium in Houston, Texas (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021)
– SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California (first-time venue)
– Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada (2021)
– Snapdragon Stadium in San Diego, California (first-time venue)
– Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California (2017)
– CITYPARK in St. Louis, Missouri (first-time venue)
– BMO Field in Toronto, Canada (2015)
Full Schedule and Draw to Be Announced
Concacaf will announce the full schedule, including the assigned stadiums for each match and other details, at the tournament’s official draw on April 14, 2023, at the SoFi Stadium in California. Soccer fans across North America are eagerly anticipating the tournament, which promises to be a showcase of top-quality national team soccer in the region.