table of contents
A dual-core processor with integrated graphics, enough RAM and an M.2 SSD are sufficient for everyday office tasks. If you leave out the other space hogs like graphics card, high-performance power supply and expansion slots on the mainboard, the PC can be shrunk to the size of a milk carton and is whisper-quiet and economical.
More building proposals and components:
With the iDeskMini (short for Intel DeskMini) we have implemented this concept, which, in contrast to most mini PC barebones with soldered-in processors, offers more freedom when it comes to equipping.
For example, it offers additional space for two 2.5 “drives. It is therefore also suitable as a media center, mini server or inexpensive typewriter for relatives.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then monthly from € 9.95
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +