Music legend Tina Turner passes away at 83
The entertainment world is in mourning on Wednesday (May 24) following the death of musical icon Tina Turner at age 83.
The devastating loss of the beloved superstar sparked countless messages of condolences and grief on social media, where celebrities shared how much Turner had inspired and influenced them.
Warner Music and BMG pay tribute to the iconic singer
“All of us at Warner Music are deeply saddened by the passing of the unique Tina Turner,” Warner Music said in a statement. BMG CEO Hartwig Masuch echoed the sentiment, writing that “there will only be one Tina Turner.
Her music and her life journey touched so many people. We send our condolences to her beloved manager and her husband Erwin hers, and to everyone who loved her.”
Celebrities react to Turner’s passing
Additionally, celebrities like Mick Jagger, Erykah Badu, Questlove, Ciara, Flea and more posted heartbreaking and emotionally charged messages on social networks. Check out her reactions to Turner’s death below:
- Mick Jagger: “I am very saddened by the passing of my wonderful friend Tina Turner. She was truly an enormously talented performer and singer. She was inspiring, warm, funny, and generous. She helped me a lot when I was young and I will never forget her.”
- Erykah Badu: “A Lost Cultural Icon. Have a safe trip, Anna Mae Bullock. You were HERE”.
- Alicia Keys: “What a woman, what a life, what a warrior!!! The day I met you, Mrs. Tina, I couldn’t believe that she was in the presence of the greatness of her!!”
- Diana Ross: “Shocked. saddened I send my condolences to the family and loved ones of Tina Turner.”
- Flea: “The most authentic rocker. The best performer. The most deeply sexy woman. What a dynamo, what a story, what a heroine. Always an energetic inspiration for me.”
- Questlove: “Survivor. The king and the queen. She was everything.”
The world will always remember Tina Turner’s incredible talent and the impact she had on music and pop culture.