The lives of the individuals in Netflix’s Virgin River are as dramatic as the drama’s magnificent British Columbian background. After all, who wouldn’t fall in love and feel at ease in this beautiful rural setting?
Unfortunately, appearances may be misleading. No one has discovered this more than Mel Monroe, who introduced us to the ensemble series in season one with his relocation to the little town. Season three brought more twists and turns for the main characters, but will they return for season four? We have both good and terrible news, so let’s go through what we know thus far.
How Many Seasons Of Virgin River Are On Netflix?
Virgin River is available to watch on Netflix in three seasons as of May 2022. All three seasons are available to view right now. On July 9, 2021, Netflix released Season 3.
The Release Date For The Fourth Season Of Virgin River
Virgin River season 4 will premiere on July 20, 2022, according to What’s on Netflix, and series actor Annette O’Toole confirmed the announcement on Twitter the next day. We’re not complaining that Netflix is holding the love drama on hold for the summer.
According to Hollywood North, the cast and crew of Virgin River season 4 began shooting in August 2021. It was thought that the gap between seasons would be shortened by starting production so soon after Season 3 was published. Despite this, fans of the series were forced to wait a whole year between seasons 3 and 4.
As previously reported, actor Alexandra Breckenridge revealed that production on the film would be completed in December 2021. Martin Henderson shared on Instagram on Jan. 19, 2022, that he was still working on season 4, stating that he was getting it “nice and ready for consumption.” Season 5 of Virgin River will premiere on Netflix sometime in the summer of 2022 if it follows the same release schedule as season 4. However, because production for the following season begins in July, it may be broadcast in early 2023.
The Cast Of Virgin River Season 4
- Alexandra Breckenridge plays Melinda “Mel” Monroe. She is presently based in the Virgin River and works as a nurse practitioner and a midwife.
- Martin Henderson plays Jack Sheridan. He runs a restaurant and bar in the neighbourhood. One of the causes of his PTSD is that he is an ex-marine.
- Colin Lawrence plays John “Preacher” Middleton. He is employed as a cook at John’s business. They’ve known one other since their days as sailors.
- Jenny Cooper plays Joey Barnes. She is their elder sister of Melinda. She is now based in Los Angeles.
- Lauren Hammersley plays Charmaine Roberts. She and Jack have a “friends with benefits” kind of connection.
- Annette O’Toole plays Hope McCrea. She is the Virgin River mayor.
- Vernon “Doc” Mullins, MD, is played by Tim Matheson. He is employed as a physician in the community.
- Benjamin Hollingsworth plays Dan Brady. He and Jack were in the Marines together, and since he left, he has struggled to adjust to civilian life.
- Grayson Gurnsey plays Ricky. He works at Jack’s restaurant and hopes to become a Marine in the future.
- Sarah Dugdale plays Lizzie. She is Connie’s Los Angeles-based niece.
- Zibby Allen plays Brie Sheridan. She’s Jack’s younger sister.
- Mike Valenzuela is played by Marco Grazzini. He works as a detective for the police department. He, too, had been in the Marine Corps.
- Mark Ghanimé plays Dr Cameron Hayek. He’s also a doctor.
- Kai Bradbury plays Denny Cutler. He is a long-lost grandchild of Doc.
Are There Any Season 4 Spoilers For “Virgin River”?
Fans were left with many unanswered questions after the season 3 conclusion, so we can presume they’ll all be answered in season 4. (On the other hand, we still haven’t figured out who shot Jack!) As usual, the best way to discover what happens next on Virgin River is to read Robyn Carr’s original novel series. There are 25 novels, which should keep you occupied until Season 4 is out!
The Plot Of Virgin River Season 4
We should anticipate a lot of drama as Jack attempts to balance the twins he’s expecting with Charmaine (Lauren Hammersly) with the baby Mel just informed him about, presuming that the kid is his. If the kid is Mel’s late husband Mark’s (Daniel Gillies), we may be in for some serious conversations between the two central characters, if not a breakup.
The Preacher was also drugged and abducted in Season 3 by a woman who we can only presume is working for Vince (Steve Bacic). We hope Preacher makes it out alive, and Paige (Lexa Doig) is free to return to Virgin River without having to glance over her shoulder continuously.
With Brady declaring his love for Brie, it’s feasible that what began as a casual romance may soon become a full-fledged partnership. Despite our want for Brie to be happy after all she has been through in the past, we know that a relationship with Brady would rock the boat for her and Jack.
We’re also curious about Hope’s fate since things look dismal after she was involved in an accident on her way back to the Virgin River. Doc is already dealing with the horrible news of his illness, so the news is taking a toll on him. We’re hopeful that in Season 4, all of this and the identity of Jack’s shooter will be revealed.