Season 1 of the League of Legends Arcane series is now available on Netflix. Act 3, which comprises episodes 7, 8 and 9 premiered on November 20, 2021 at 09:00 am. As during the series premiere with Act 1 and later with him Act 2, I had early access to the episodes to craft a summary of Act 3 and criticism of Season 1 in full. All this without spoilers, something that always limits when talking about a work.
A week after the premiere of Act 3 and after having watched Season 1 one more time, I’ll be back to tell you what could happen in the newly announced Season 2 of Arcane. This time YES THERE WILL BE SPOILERS from Arcane, so I recommend you not to continue reading if you have not seen the first season.
What will happen in League of Legends Arcane Season 2? My predictions
The League of Legends Arcane series has several stories that come together at the same point, something that could make it difficult to predict what will happen in the future. However, paying attention to the details and observing a little the lore of League of Legends can be elaborated some theories.
At the end of Season 1, Jinx suffers a crisis after being treated with the poison / drug shimmer– Learn about Silco’s real plans and Vi’s relationship with Caitlyn. This leads her to feel a deep betrayal and excessive jealousy that pushes her directly to the bottom of a madness that already pointed ways throughout the series. He uses his rocket launcher powered by hextech technology to launch a missile that hits the House of Representatives of the city of Piltover, where Jayce and Mel are, among others.
Jinx’s “attack” is reason enough for a civil war between Piltover and Zaun, two opposite cities … but sides of the same coin after all. However, the war between Piltover and Zaun could go beyond the borders of the cities. How is this possible? Throughout the series, up to two clues have been given to this:
- It has been mentioned that Piltover is the academic and scientific capital of Runeterra. The world of League of Legends is much bigger and has more kingdoms. Piltover and Zaun are the link between two continents.
- Mel’s mother goes to Piltover to see her daughter for political reasons. This is a small preview that only fans of League of Legends lore will understand. Noxus is the land of this powerful family, who are at war with Demacia. These two lands are the antithesis of each other, as is the case with Piltover and Zaun.
As her mother reveals to Mel, sYour family needs hextech technology to wage Noxus’s war (their land) against their enemies (Demacia, I assume). Mel rejects the proposal and leans for peace. He denies his family for the sake of Piltover … and this is voted on as a missile flies straight into the camera.
Mel’s death: the trigger for war
The missile Jinx launches could make the foundations of Runeterra shake. Behind the Silco’s death and the possible death of some / most of the council members (I assume Mel is one of the deceased), the power vacuum in Piltover and Zaun is huge. Arcane’s two main potential weapons, the hextech technology and the shimmer drug, would be available to anyone … and the powers of Noxus and Demacia could claim them for their war.
What’s more, Mel’s death would be a direct attack on one of the most powerful families in Noxus and the ideal excuse for her mother to retaliate against Piltover and Zaun, and thus get what she was looking for from the first moment: hextech. In fact, if Joyce also survives she might fall into a terrible sorrow that Mel’s mother could use to bring him to Noxus’s side and thus position Piltover in the war of these powers.
Noxus’ intervention in Piltover and Zaun would obviously have political, social, and economic repercussions for the rest of Runnaterra. The well-known trade between Noxus and Zaun would intensify, now with the power of the Piltover hexportals. This would inevitably precipitate the Demacia intervention. In conclusion: the war would come to Piltover and Zaun, and with it a good number of new characters from the video game.
And what about the characters we already know?
In the end, inevitably all the characters would have to choose sides in this war and I have no doubt that Jinx and Vi are not going to be in the same … or yes. Although the best way to continue their family drama is for Vi to go with Caylin to Piltover and Jinx to stay in Zaun to fill the power vacuum.
The character that arouses me the most is Heimerdinger, a scientist who from the beginning has endeavored to keep the peace in Piltover and Zaun. It is possible that you will find in Ekko the student, protégé and successor that you thought you saw in Jayce and Viktor.
On which side will each be positioned? It is a mystery that Season 2 will solve in the event that the series leans towards this plot. Because the series does not tiptoe the lore of League of Legends, some characters might not be so obvious. In any case, below you can find all the necessary information that has led me to think that Arcane Season 2 could follow this line.
- League of Legends Arcane Season 1 (Available on Netflix)
- Interactive map of Runeterra.
- All about Noxus, “a mighty empire with a fearsome reputation. For those beyond its borders, Noxus is brutal, expansionist and menacing, but those who look beyond its bellicose exterior see an unusually inclusive society, where the strengths and talents of its people are respected and nurtured.“.
- All about Demacia, “A strong and legal kingdom with a prestigious military history, the people of Demacia have always valued the ideals of justice, honor and duty, and are tremendously proud of their cultural heritage. But despite these lofty principles, this largely self-sufficient nation has grown more insular and isolationist in recent centuries.“
The Noxus and Demacia sources include the provenance of all League of Legends characters and which of them (due to their relevance in lore) could appear in Season 2 of arcane.
Arcane Season 2 isn’t coming anytime soon, as announced by Netflix and Riot Games. The only thing we can do is wait until they announce the official synopsis and / or a trailer. Until then,what do you think will happen in Season 2 of Arcane?Do you share my vision or do you have another theory? I’d like to meet her. I read you in comments!