The WhatsApp messaging application is already working on its next novelty that will revolutionize the conversations of millions of people around the world. This is a function that will allow you to send images that will self-destruct after being viewed by the receiver. In this way, the photo of your pet, your food bowl or the screenshot that includes confidential or private information will be erased without leaving a trace.
According to publicly the WaBetaInfo portal, at the moment has the name of Expiring media (files that expire) and will also include GIFs and, apparently, also videos.
In this way, you can share multimedia content that will not be saved in the gallery nor can it be played again.
How will it work?
When this option is available, the icon of a 1 surrounded by a circle will appear in the chat after selecting an image to be sent.
If pressed, the photo will expire and will also disappear from the chat. What is also striking is that a text will not appear indicating that it has been deleted, as is currently the case.
Self-destructing images, videos and GIFs can be sent both in private chats and in group conversations: once the image is downloaded, and each member of the chat sees it, the content will disappear from their device. However, WhatsApp does not block screenshots, so the content could be equally immortalized.
Another important detail is that both the one who sends the photo and who or who receives the material must have the latest version of WhatsApp, otherwise, the private content is sent, but the other contact cannot view it since their app is not compatible .
For now there is no exact date for this new function to be active, but it is known that the images that self-destruct will be available only in version 18.104.22.168 of the beta for Android.
What is a fact is that soon the possibility of using the same WhatsApp account on up to four different devices will come. With this you can enter WhatsApp Web without the need for the main phone to have an internet connection.
The best 7 WhatsApp tricks
WhatsApp is one of the few applications that cares about the experience of its users when immersing themselves in its app, that is why they update frequently, making communication between people more practical and simple. However, not everyone knows how to get the most out of the popular application.
1. Hands-free voice notes: Just by pressing and holding the microphone icon and sliding up, you can lock the voice note function to record, without having to hold the mobile with your hands. An option that surprisingly works!
2. Mark main messages: To obtain this option you must use the “star” message function, where you will mark key messages that you will see easily in a central location. All you have to do is press the message you want to save as a favorite and then touch the “star” icon.
If your device is an iPhone, you can find all Starred Messages by going to Settings and Starred Messages or by selecting the chat name and tapping “Starred Messages”. In the case of Android users, they will have to press “More options” and then “Starred messages”.
3. Check messages without touching the cell phone: If you want to be able to check WhatsApp without having to use your mobile device, what you have to do is download the WhatsApp web desktop app, which will project your cell phone conversations to a computer . So you can send messages, photos and Gifs without having to have your computer in your hands.
4. Use stickers in conversations: Emojis are becoming a thing of the past, today stickers offer you a more fun way to express yourself. You can find them in the field where the text is entered in a conversation, in a small square icon with a folded side page, where you can also add your own stickers and bitmojis.
5. Read messages without being online: The option to hide the “Read receipts” is not the best option if you want the other person not to realize that you have read their message. That is why slightly lifting the message on the screen and opening the full text on the iphone lock screen is your best option to go unnoticed.
New function to “verify” forwarded messages
A new tool has been included in the WhatsApp messaging service, in order to combat fake news and ensure more reliable information.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
This is the meaning of the emojis of the 4 fists in WhatsApp How to activate the ‘invisible mode’ in WhatsApp: step by step You can now have the anime filter in WhatsApp! Learn how to download itDownload the best jokes of ‘Captain America’ and send them by WhatsApp to your friends