Anyone who works online with changing participants needs tools that are easily accessible and varied at the same time. The web app Mural is a kind of digital pin board – a whiteboard that can be freely designed and structured. But above all, it is a digital space for collaboration.
Mural works independently of video conferencing software. The participants simply call up Mural in their browser at the same time. The manufacturer offers integrable apps for Zoom and teams. The Teams app must first be approved by the Microsoft 365 admin. Otherwise, users will receive an error message.
You can create up to five pin boards in Mural free of charge; the number of participants is not limited. If you need more, you pay 10.25 euros per month. There is an unlimited number of pin boards for schools and universities free of charge. For many public institutions, however, the use of the app should not be an option, as the English data protection declaration is not GDPR-compliant.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +