When the star-studded crime drama, House of Gucci, was released, it took the internet by storm. Everyone kept on talking about it. The movie narrated the story of the luxury fashion house’s tragic past, especially the murder conspiracy that shook the world back then. The movie starred Lady Gaga in the lead role and other famous actors.
Post the release, the curiosity of the audience rose, especially about finding out more about Maurizio Gucci’s daughter. This article highlights some essential details about the eldest daughter of Gucci, Alessandra. Read till the end to find out.
Who is Alessandra Gucci?
The life of the owner, Maurizio Gucci, changed in 1966 when he met his future wife, Patrizia Reggiani, also known as Lady Gucci. The duo met at the party in Milan and instantly got attracted to each other. They later married in 1972 and divorced in 1994 after 22 years of legal companionship. Together, they shared two daughters – Alessandra and Allegra.
Alessandra Gucci, the elder daughter, was born in 1977. As of now, she is 46 years old. Alessandra is a well-established fashion designer. Growing up, she was raised in a privileged and wealthy family, although her childhood was greatly influenced by the tragic death of her father and many disturbing situations that occurred afterward.
Alessandra has a younger sister, Allegra, who was born a few years after her. The sisters share a strong bond. They were extremely young when their father was killed in a cold-blooded murder.
How did Maurizio Gucci Die?
Alessandra’s father, Maurizio passed away in 1995 as a result of an assassination planned by Benedetto Ceraulo. At the time of his death, Alessandra was 18, and her younger sister was 14.
The murder occurred on the 27th of March, 1995, when Maurizio was on his way to his Milan office. He was confronted by Ceraulo, who shot him four times – three times in the back as well as once time is his head. It came out that the murder was planned by his ex-wife, Patrizia, following his extra-marital affair.
Two years after his murder, the ex-wife was arrested by the police after a night porter tipped them off. In 1997, a highly publicized trial revealed that Patrizia had four accomplices in the murder, including her right-hand woman and personal psychic Pina Auriemma, hitman Benedetto Ceraulo, Ivano Savioni, who aided her plan the whole operation and the drive Orazio Cicala.
Patrizia was convicted of arranging the murder and was sentenced to 29 years in prison. The other three parties were also given long jail sentences. Patrizia was released in October 2016 after serving 18 years in prison.
Gucci Sisters Share a Special Bond
Despite the difficult circumstances they faced as children and the events that followed, the sister remained close throughout the years. The two always supported each other and have stayed together through thick and thin. After the high-profile case involving their parents, the Gucci sisters have chosen to lead a private life away from the limelight. Their bond has helped them to navigate through all the tough times in their lives and move forward with high heads.
What is Alessandra Gucci Doing Nowadays?
Currently, Alessandra Gucci is residing with her family (husband and children) in Switzerland. In 2016, it was reported that she and her sister inherited various properties and a yacht from the Gucci family.
Reportedly, Alessandra also launched her own collection of handbags called ‘The First’ at the store in Dusseldorf, Germany. The collection paid homage to her family’s fashion legacy by naming the bags after her grandfather, father, and herself. Her collections were also made available at various high-end locations in Milan, St. Mortiz, Paris, Moscow, and Lugano.
Know these Little-Known Things About Alessandra Gucci
- Although Alessandra Gucci never worked for her namesake fashion house, she associated herself with designing handbags for a premium label called AG. Under it, there were only 99 handbags made in 11 different styles. The last of her collection was released in 2010.
- In the past, there had been some accusations of tax evasion against the Gucci sisters. However, soon they were cleared of all their charges.
- Alessandra shares her dad’s love of boats. The sisters inherited their father’s yachts, namely Avel and Creole. The pair associate sailing with fond memories from their childhood. According to the younger sister, “Some of the best memories I have on Creole are the waterfronts that would suddenly break out on board. They would start as just a splash between me and my sister, and by the end, everyone would be soaking wet.”
- Both sisters have cold terms with their mother. When Patrizia was first arrested, Alessandra defended her mom and claimed she was dealing with a brain tumor and wasn’t in the right sense of mind when she hired the hitman. But later, the relationship between the mother and her daughters turned sour.
- Following her release in 2016, Patrizia Reggiani stated that her daughters had cut off all financial support, adding that she had not even met her grandchildren. During the same time, the sisters engaged their mother in a legal battle too. They did not want her to receive annuities from Maurizio’s estate. But their mother ended up winning the case and was entitled to a whopping $1.2 million per year as a part of their divorce arrangement. She was also owed $20 million that accumulated while she was serving in prison.
- Wondering what could be the net worth of Gucci’s elder daughter? Alessandra is a well-known Italian fashion designer and entrepreneur. She has also been a member of the Gucci Clan. According to a few personal sources, she has a decent net worth. As of 2023, Alessandra is the sole owner of a whopping $350-$400 million.
- Alessandra is fond of traveling. Her travel diaries include luxurious vacations worldwide, both with the family and solo.
- Alessandra Gucci is an ardent animal lover and also has a pet dog.
- The elder Gucci daughter has a degree in economics.
- Alessandra’s family history has impacted popular culture because of the publication of the book The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamor, and Greed, as well as the production of the movie House of Gucci.